Thread: Pix of your board #3,425

Pix of your board #3,425

So here's my "church guitar board". Pretty simple setup and I'm really happy with it. Only thing I want to change about it is adding a tuner bypass loop and a patchbay on the right. I HATE BOSS buffers, but can live with it for now. The patchbay will just to clean up the cable run into and out of the board. I kinda have OCD like that.

Signal flow: BOSS tuner, BBE OptoStomp (always on, i use this pedal to throttle back my amp), Fulldrive 2, Line6 DL4, Firstman rotary speaker effect.

And YES! It's set up left to right, not right to left. The "normal" way has never made much sense to me. This way does, only drawback is having to use longer patch cables, which reallly isn't THAT big of a deal.

The Fulldrive is stock except for the output pot, I've put a lower value in so I have more "in betweens". I've NEVER turned it past noon, so I put a 2k in there. The Line6 was modded by JHV, and sounds GREAT! Other than that, nothing fancy.

I'll get a pic of my bass board, and when i get around to it, my other guitar board.
    "don't worry, i'm a professional!"

Re: Pix of your board #3,425

Here's mine. I like all of these pedals quite a bit except the tremolo pedal which was only $20 and is a stop gap measure. My Voodoo Lab tremolo died a horrible death! I'd like a simple tremolo that fits in the same spot as the Rogue but has a better sound. Maybe a Malekko. I only use it with my 5E3. I love the Malekko Spring, btw!

I'm experimenting with the PoT and Timmy. I prefer the PoT. It gives me a sound similar to the amps that I use, but cranked. The Timmy gives me more of a Marshall sound.

The '69 Pedal has been there as long as I've had a pedalboard. I love that pedal!

The Rogue Analog Delay sounds great and was only $29, new. It's not actually analog though (if that matters).

The Roto Choir is a great sounding, frustrating as hell pedal! There's no indicator to tell you what speed it's set to and it changes speed if you change the Biamped (Leslie 122/125) switch. It also has not brake. The Leslie 125/Fender Vibratone sound is worth it!

You'll notice that the wiring is a mess. That's because a change pedals around as the mood hits me. I can't settle on anything. This is why I have no tattoos!
    Last edited by Don; 06-23-2013 at 01:21 PM.

Very cool! My rotary has a speed LED, but no status, I should fix that. Another cool thing is that it has an uneffected out with its own level control. So there are three outs on it! I REALLY dig mine, but I really wish it had a brake and would "ramp"... It would be unreal at that point! But, I love it anyways.

Top Left to Right: EB Volume, MXR Phaser, DC Brick, EB Wah

Bottom Left to Right: Digitech Delay, Digitech Hot Rod Distortion, Bad Monkey OD, Banshee Talk Box, and Boss Tuner.

If we'd known we were going to be the Beatles, we'd have tried harder.--George Harrison

Sometimes I have an MXR Phase 45 and a Teese Wah on mine as well. I try to not go too crazy with the effects.

Hey ch Willie! Throw that BOSS tuner on the tuner send of your volume pedal, it'll clean up your signal some.

Nice spread ya got there son!

Great idea Chucko. That shall I do.
    If we'd known we were going to be the Beatles, we'd have tried harder.--George Harrison

I know I keep harpin' on them, but the BOSS tuners really do suck your tone!!!

Quote Originally Posted by chuckocaster View Post
    I know I keep harpin' on them, but the BOSS tuners really do suck your tone!!!
    Yep -- that's why I dig the Loop master -- loops the verb and trem, and keeps the tuner out of the signal path. Used to have the Boss Delay in a loop too. Then ditched the Boss for a (true bypass) Carbon Copy, then ditched that. Top left is a homemade channel/verb switcher for my amp. Bottom right is two SHOs inna box.

The only pedal tuners I've used are the Turbo Tuner that's on my board now and a cheap Fender. The bypass on both of them is/was fine. The Fender was better in bright sunlight. The Turbo Tuner is faster (unless I get OCD or mesmerized by the light show) and more accurate.

I bought the Rogue Tremolo just to have one in my bag in case I just want overdrive and tremolo for a casual gig...well, the damn thing starts out gigs fine and then after a few songs, if I kick it in, it soulds like a fuzz pedal (!!!!). Seriously.

I checked the battery. Fine. Checked the connections. Fine. Checked it on another day...fine. But when it's used in my signal chain, it misbehaves. Thank heavens for Chucko's Pareidola that I bought.

Here's my small board. Might be replacing the OptoComp and '72 Badass with a Fulldrive II.

"I'm gonna find myself a girl
    that can show me what laughter means
    And we'll fill in the missing colors
    In each other's paint-by-number dreams..."

Quote Originally Posted by Rickenjangle View Post
    I bought the Rogue Tremolo just to have one in my bag in case I just want overdrive and tremolo for a casual gig...well, the damn thing starts out gigs fine and then after a few songs, if I kick it in, it soulds like a fuzz pedal (!!!!). Seriously.

I checked the battery. Fine. Checked the connections. Fine. Checked it on another day...fine. But when it's used in my signal chain, it misbehaves.
    That's weird! Mine works fine. I just don't like it. The depth control goes from nothing to too much about halfway up on the dial and it doesn't have the nice tone that some tremolo pedals have.

It's great just to plug straight into an amp.

I love using pedals. I'd love to be able to do The Edge with the equipment I have. I wish I had the foot dexterity to use even more effects. Wish I had the mother of all effects, a Leslie cabinet.

First, I can cover a lot of songs closer to the original. Second, when in a jam at certain tempos, I can do something outside the pentatonic and soundscape my versions of scales or even one note.

Quote Originally Posted by ch willie View Post
    Wish I had the mother of all effects, a Leslie cabinet.
    I had one! I had a Hamptone preamp pedal to run it. It was too huge to ever use outside my house so I replaced it with an H&K Rotosphere then replaced that with the Roto Choir. I eventually sold it becuse it had become to valuable to keep. The pedals only kinda sorta cover its sound (they do a better job than most care to admit) but I don't miss it.

Quote Originally Posted by ch willie View Post
    It's great just to plug straight into an amp.
    Sure is, but I've never found an amp that could do clean, crunchy, and lead without compromise - except for Boogies, and I don't like their sound for what I do, it's too super-saturated.

And I'm not one of those who can ride my guitar volume all night long to get my variations...as the singer, I need to be able to stomp on something while singing and remembering lyrics and leading the band with body movements, hand gestures, and (even) leading them into sections using leading tones in my solos...so I gotta have the stomps.

Here is my humble board, I made most of the pedals myself so they probably won't be recognizable to you.

[/URL]

Gravity Jim

Does this count?

I don't see why not, though I'm not a fan of the "relic" treatment on some of those pedals!

Works for me! My Logic Pro has about the same interface, and the pedals sounds pretty darn good.

Gravity Jim

I have some real pedals for the amp, but I use a Line 6 M13 for all the time based stuff, and just a couple of things in front of the amp, so I thought a line-up of virtual pedals would be more interesting to look at... although I have to agree with Don that the paint jobs on some of those Waves GTR pedals are kinda stupid. :)

Jim I think that's awesome. You're pushing the boundaries into areas so long the sole province of synths and samplers...

Maybe some day it'll be commonplace to see a guitarist show up with a variax, an iPad mini equipped with a bluetooth footswitch and a Bose l1 compact...

point of reason between tacky and tasteless

Does this count?

As I transition more to the AXE-FX II as my production rig over the Ultra, this board will receive an update, as well as a 4 button expansion.
    Mark

And what these all currently do, L>R T>B

Tap/Tune - tap it to set a global tempo to drive linked delays, modulations, etc. The light displays the tempo. Hold it dow for 2 seconds and it mutes the signal, turns on the tuner and displays the tuner.

Feedback - linked to a number of effects (pitch with a modifier, compressor with a modifier, etc). Makes harmonic feedback at any volume.

Reveal - offers secondary usage of the bottom 5 buttons. Natively they select patches. .Hit reveal and I have more IAs for effects.

Short Delay - this is where I place a default delay. If I run 2, then the shorter one goes here. In the patch up in the picture, it triggers a dotted 1/8 delay.

Long delay - use it when I have 2 delays. In this pic, it triggers a 1/4 delay.

Multidelay - sometimes I use this different effect

- Shimmer - 1 of 2 shimmer effects. You can make these by using a verb block or a pitch block. This one is the pitch block.

+ Shimmer - This one uses the verb block

Edit - programs the board

Less Drive - like the delay, my default drive goes here. If I have multiple drives in a patch, this is the less intense one.

More Drive - if multiple drives in a patch, the more intense one is here.

Less Verb - default verb (There is no More Verb though I have the label. The patch here is a very slight verb (early reflection only) centered on the core freq of the amp only. Shelving filters on either end.

Less Pitch - default pitch block

-PostBst (Boost) - a neat little trick that uses no blocks or CPU. Off it transmits a lesser than full MIDI value for the output level. Engage it and you have an instant 6db lift with NO change in gain structure.

Up - goes up in bank of presets

Chorus (as seconday function) - self explanatory

Comp (as secondary function) - self explanatory

Acoustic (as secondary function) - regardless of where I am in a bank, takes me to my acoustic patch for my piezo loaded guitars

- Volume (as secondary function) - a really neat item, each hit slightly lowers the overall patch volume and auto-saves it. Really helpful for leveling volumes across patches

+ Volume (as secondary function) - the counter part to the previous button

Down - goes down in bank of presets

For primary functions
    Green = effect present in that patch and is on
    Red = effect present in that patch and is off
    No Light = effect not present in that patch

Oh and by the way, the area behind the lettering is glow in the dark.

The light you seen on acoustic is noting that I am on the 3 patch of 5 in that bank.
    Last edited by blackonblack; 06-27-2013 at 12:12 PM.
    Mark

That's cool stuff BoB! I've read some neat things about the Fractal. It's more than I need, but I think it's awesome technology. Thanx for sharing.

BoB, I'm impressed with your total command of this stuff, but to be honest with ya, I think trying to play a live show through that Fractal controller would cause me to go into a ADHD loop from which I could never escape.

Yowza!

Quote Originally Posted by Rickenjangle View Post
    BoB, I'm impressed with your total command of this stuff, but to be honest with ya, I think trying to play a live show through that Fractal controller would cause me to go into a ADHD loop from which I could never escape.

Yowza!
    Its really quite easy live. Easier than my analog board ever was. And could be even easier if you didn't want as much flexibility.

For my live playing, I use maybe 15 patches. 5-7 of them easily account for 99%.

For instance, 1 of those lesser used patches is for Mysterious Ways by U2. Yes, you can get a pretty good Korg A3 sound. Another lesser used patch is one that sounds like a cello.
    Mark

Home made board I've used since the mid 70's. It's changed many times over the years.
    Last edited by RicOkc; 04-12-2014 at 11:35 AM. Reason: http://s1320.photobucket.com/user/RicOkc/media/IMAG00991024x756_zps3fdd8e95.jpg.html?sort=3&o=67

Ric, your pic's not showing up.

My acoustic board...

My electric board...

"We catched fish and talked, and we took a swim now and then to keep off sleepiness." Mark Twain

my current pedalboard:

pedalboard by P M, on Flickr

It's funny to look back on this. My pedalboard has changed a bit, though the sounds are basically the same

-I sold my PoT and Timmy and later bought another PoT and put it back on my board.
    -The Timmy has been replaced with an AMZ Mini-Booster that I built.
    -The '69 Pedal is still there but has been noisy lately- I think a transistor has gone rogue!
    -The Rogue "Analog" delay has been replaced with a Carbon Copy.
    -I repaired my Voodoo Lab Tremolo and put it back on the board.
    -The Malekko Chicklet is still on the board though I'd like a "better" reverb pedal.
    -The Rotochoir is still there. I love its sound in spit of its weaknesses.
    -The Turbo Tuner is still there. I like that pedal.

I've been using a regular CryBaby wah recently. My stepfather picked it up in the swap shop at the dump. I put a battery in it and cleaned the pot. So far, I like it better than the modded Vox, Teese, Budda, Fulltone Clyde, Fulltone Clyde Deluxe and HBE that I've owned.