Thread: My Strats--New Frankencaster

My Strats--New Frankencaster

I've bugged the hell out of this forum with my recent installation of VN pups and the Clapton boost.

So I missed the Am. Std. pups, but grew to love the VNs. Still missed the AmStds.

A buddy, a bandmate, had given me an 93 AmStd neck when I left Germany. Last week, I decided to buy an Am. Std. body to go with it. I bought a beautiful 2011 blizzard pearl body, and I'm getting ready to solder the pups in it and set it up.

Meanwhile, I put the 93 neck on the 2008 sb body, the 08 neck on the new blizzard pearl body.

Thus:
    2008 Sunburst body / 1993 neck--Vintage Noiseless pups and boost
    2011 Blizzard Pearl body / 2008 neck--2008 AmStd pups

Sorry for the quality of this next photo--I hope to get a better photo soon.

Last edited by ch willie; 06-03-2013 at 05:59 PM.
    If we'd known we were going to be the Beatles, we'd have tried harder.--George Harrison

Re: My Strats--New Frankencaster

Disclaimer, I didn't put the oil stains on that neck. That was the very 1st owner's attempt at relic-ing. I'm sure some of you notice that. I wish it hadn't happened, but it did.
    If we'd known we were going to be the Beatles, we'd have tried harder.--George Harrison

That's what's great about Fender guitars! You can mix and match, or mismatch, to your heart's desire.
    "don't worry, i'm a professional!"

Carried the sb Strat to practice last night, and it kicked butt. If I had doubts about the Vintage Noiseless pups, I don't now. They really performed, and the 25db boost was such a handy thing to have (I kept forgetting to use it--1st time I've taken this guitar out to play). A couple of songs we were going to do acoustically became electric after the guys heard the Strat.