Thread: Lace Alumitones

Lace Alumitones

After playing my friend's guitar which has one of the HB's in it I became intrigued with them. They are in no way a "vintage" sounding pup, and looking at how they're made... Damn are they weird! But, I'm very interested in how they'd sound in a bass. Currently one of my favorite basses is a P I threw an old Gibson recording bass pup in. I imagine the Alumitones would sound similar. The P I'm talking about still sounds like a P bass, it still grinds, but it's more "HiFi" than normal. And since it's passive, it doesn't have that processed "active" tone I dislike. I don't mean to offend anyone who likes them, I just don't care for that tone.

Anyways, I'm contemplating buying a set to put in my Jaguar bass. That's if I don't sell it. I'm living a Spartan lifestyle as money is tight right now so we'll have to see if I go thru with it. If I do, I will most definitely share.

Anyone else playing them?
    "don't worry, i'm a professional!"

Re: Lace Alumitones

Welp, pulled the trigger on these tonight! I got a bass bar 3.5 & a J neck, both in chrome, coming in the mail. Decided to keep my Squier Jaguar and mod it. Right now it only has a bridge soap bar and active electronics. So what I'm planning on doing is putting in a blend knob, and for now leaving the EQ circuit in there. I might just yank the whole guts out, but I'm gonna try it the other way first. What's neat is that the circuit is built onto each pot. Does that make sense? There's a little board on each pot for that part of the circuit. If I don't like it, I'll pull the entire guts and wire it with 2 vols & 2 tones.

I'm excited to try something new, and step outside of my comfort zone. I am going to get a Badass bridge for this bass as it needs it. I plan on mainly using this bass at church where I need more of a HiFi tone.

From here on out I'll be posting about this in the bass section. So if you are interested and want to follow, that's where it'll be.
    "don't worry, i'm a professional!"