Thread: RC-3, RC30 or ???

RC-3, RC30 or ???

I feel that a looper could help me improve my playing (and writing) by giving me something to work off of. I don't see myself doing anything very fancy, so I don't want to invest too heavily until I see how effective this type of tool might be. I'm leaning towards the Boss RC-3 - maybe with an RC-6 switch - simple... but everything I hear is that it's pretty elegant in what it does. I could also do the RC-30 - more potential; probably more than I need now, but I could grow into it. Is that a good idea, or is there something else that would work in the same price range?

I assume it would go last in an effects chain (or in the effects loop on the amp?)...
    "We catched fish and talked, and we took a swim now and then to keep off sleepiness." Mark Twain

Re: RC-3, RC30 or ???

Well, I got a good deal on a RC-3 so it will be delivered today. I could still use advice on where in the chain to plug it in...
    "We catched fish and talked, and we took a swim now and then to keep off sleepiness." Mark Twain

I would think last, no? That way it's effected.
    "don't worry, i'm a professional!"

I put it last in the chain and it seems to be working properly. It is not the most intuitive thing I've ever played with. There is going to be long learning curve...

Well, best of luck dude! I've heard some guys do neat things with loopers.
    "don't worry, i'm a professional!"