Thread: Fed up with pedals... ME-70?

Fed up with pedals... ME-70?

I'm really tired of working with pedal, wiring them, lugging them, etc.

What about an ME-70? They seem to have everything I have now on my board and then some.

I've analyzed my playing, and since I don't play out, and even seldom play in the house much anymore, I seem to only use the Wah, my tube screamer clone, and at times, chorus and delay.

Seems like a good thing for me. What do you all think?
    If I decide on this, then I have the arduous task of selling the pedals off to get the cash to buy the ME-70....
    The Best Guitar Photos On The Net!
    Photoweborama

Re: Fed up with pedals... ME-70?

Why not just make a little board and get a OneSpot? It'd be cheaper! But the ME70 sounds pretty good, one of the guitar players in the Sunday worship band uses one into his Mesa combo. I think it sounds fine.

Good luck with whatever you go with!
    "don't worry, i'm a professional!"

TFF Stage Crew

I've been playing in the worship band at my wife's church for about six months now and I use the ME-70 too--direct into the house. It's perfect for that type of thing (and since amps are verboten). Great clean sound and then just the few effects I might use occasionally like delay or crunch for the more rock-ish stuff.

I have mine zip-tied onto a slightly larger piece of wood that has just enough extra room for my own tube direct box and my bluetooth page turner pedal (all the sheet music is on my iPad). I set the board down, plug in the power, XLR to the snake and 1/4" to my guitar and I'm good to go. There are traditional (organ/choir) services before and after the service we're in, so a quick setup & teardown was a must.

Thoroughly happy with mine.

I plan to not use the amp models, but just use it as effects into my DRRI or my Vox Pathfinder. Does it do ok as a straight effects box with the amp models turned off? I see on the picture of it in the Preamp section that one of the selections is "off".

I've calculated that if I sell all my pedals excecpt my Arion Tubeulators, that I'll have more than enough money to buy the ME-70. I may never use the Tubeulators again, but not only do they sound great, I have a sentimental attachment to them.

This is what I have now, plus another Dunlop Jimi Hendrix Wah.
    The Best Guitar Photos On The Net!
    Photoweborama

My pedal board consists of a Boss compressor, original Rat distortion and Digitech RP355 multi FX in front of the amp, & an Arion DDS 4 delay/sampler in the effects loop - As I don't play out the RP355 works fine - It wouldn't work well in a live situation as you can't move through the patches silently then "select" the next one you want, but when you have time between songs to select the next patch it's really convenient to have all your sounds pre-set, I tried an ME50 and returned it as there wasn't a proper EQ, but the ME70 looks a much better proposition (if you don't want to pay the extra for a GT10, which has reduced in price with the release of the GT100)

When You point your finger 'cause your plan fell through, you've got 3 more fingers pointing back at you.

Forum Member

My 2c would be to certainly give the ME-70 a go, but if at all possible, don't sell your pedals... I've done that in the past and always regretted it...

Funnily enough - The only things I don't regret selling are MultiFX units.