Thread: "Sympathy For the Devil" on my Fender Custom Shop Tele

Forum Member

"Sympathy For the Devil" on my Fender Custom Shop Tele

Here is a video of this weekend's gig. My band, Mike Imbasciani and his Bluez Rockerz, doing the classic Rolling Stones song. Let me know what you think!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=McgaG...4&feature=plcp

’04 Fender Custom Shop ’56 Stratocaster Relic RI 50th Anniv. Aztec Gold
    '10 Fender American Select Mahogany HSS Strat
    '07 Fender Custom Shop Vintage Heavy Relic HB Telecaster
    '03 Gibson ES-345 RI
    ’08 Gibson Les Paul R-7 Historic Series 1957 RI VOS Gold Top
    ’93 Gretsch 6120SSU Brian Setzer Signature
    ’96 Schecter California Custom Hellcat
    ’98 De Armond by Guild M-75T
    ’10 Squier Classic Vibe 60’s Stratocaster (Fender CS ’69 /Candy Apple Red)
    ’10 Squier Telecaster w/Bigsby (Fender CS Texas Specials/Candy Apple Red)
    ’09 Squier Stratocaster HSS Standard (Pearly Gates HB/SSL-1/SSL-1/Silver Sparkle)
    ’02 Squier Bullet HHH (S. Duncan: Little ‘59/Duckbucker/JB Jr. /LockingTuners)
    ’10 Squier Vintage Modified Jaguar HH (Fiesta Red)
    ’00 Fender American Hot Rod Precision Bass (P/J pups/Sunset Orange Transparent)
    Breedlove AD25/SR Plus Acoustic

Yamaha S90XS Keyboard

Amps: Bogner Shiva 80W. EL34 w/Rvb + Peavey VK 412; Egnater Renegade 65W. + Ampeg 4x12; Fender 40th Anniversary ’65 Twin Reverb RI; Peavey Delta Blues 115; Roland Cube-60; Roland KC-150; Eden Nemesis NA-320 Bass Amp Head + SWR 4x10T Cabinet

Re: "Sympathy For the Devil" on my Fender Custom Shop Tele

Nice,

Hard to do without keys. It's a little off because the bass player is not really in the groove. There should be a little more bobbin' and weavin' and funk on the bottom.

Couple of critiques on your playing: Bends need to be crisper and more on pitch. A good bend has a defined starting point, an ending note and is in time with the music. The SRV tone... I think that ship has sailed and it sounds a bit dated. YMMV. PLus, looks like a really nice Tele and I'd like to hear what it really sounds like without all the OD and 'verb.

Your voice is good enough you really don't need all the delay and reverb, keep it out in front and clean because it's going to be your strong point as you develop (imho) so learn now not to bury it in effects.

Black leather vest...not at 15 years old. Looks odd. Remember, stagecraft is EVERYTHING. Don't look like a kid trying to be a bluesman. Be a kid playing the blues. Your audience will respond better since you'll be appear more natural and real. Right now it looks like your mom dressed you.

But all that said, you're way beyond where I was at your age, 40 years ago. Good job.
    Last edited by Offshore Angler; 08-26-2012 at 06:03 AM.
    "No harmonic knowledge, no sense of time, a ghastly tone, unskilled vibrato, and so on. Chuck is one of the worst guitar players I know" -Gravity Jim

Re: "Sympathy For the Devil" on my Fender Custom Shop Tele

Wow, you guys are playing at Bert's! We were just there in August...

We take the kayaks out to Pine Island from Naples where my folks have a house and we never miss a stop at Bert's for great food and cold beer.

Best bar in SW Florida!

We will see if you guys are playing next time we are around had give you a TFF howdy do!
    "Sorry" - John Belushi as he smashed a guitar in Animal House