Thread: NGD and NAD - real men can play pink

NGD and NAD - real men can play pink

I cannot post pics here, so check this out.

It wasn't actually TODAY. I got the Tele months ago and tried to post here but got it all messed up. So, here it is. Custom Tele made by Marc Rutters in California.

- one piece lightweight swamp ash body (the whole guitar is just a tetch over 7 pounds)
    - quarter sawn maple neck with 57 Tele soft V profile and 12 inch radius
    - Peter Florrance Voodoo pickups with the bridge slightly underwound for SERIOUS twang (honestly, I feel like Don Rich or Pete Anderson with this thing or should I say thang?)
    - handmade hardware (except tuners)
    - nitro finish on body and neck (photos on the net do NOT do justice to the incredible paint job and deeeeeeelishus shell pink)
    - 50's style Bakelite pickguard

A lot of Tele "builders" just buy parts and assemble them for you. Marc Rutters builds from SCRATCH and is getting a very good name for his custom bridges and other hardware. Every tech who sees this guitar is amazed at his attention to detail. It is without doubt the best "player" I have ever owned (and I have been playing for almost 50 years). As I said, the bridge pickup is TWANGY, the middle position very sweet and rich, and the neck pickup is very big and round, almost like an archtop sound. Marc Rutters is also a very patient guy and listens to what the player has to say. Check him out: http://ruttersguitars.com/

The amp is my old silverface Super Reverb in a new 2x10 combo cab with Webers (10A125, 30w, light dope; and 10F150, 25w, light dope). I love SR's but my back doesn't because of the size/weight combo. Too tall to carry up and down stairs without my sciatica acting up (yes, I am an old guy). The 2x10 is not a lot lighter but it is way more manageable and doesn't lose as much as you might think with only two 10's. A tech suggested 5881's instead of the 6L6's and it seems to give me lower breakup. I can get some sweet compression starting at only 4 and a bit. Below that, it is as clean as popcorn fart.
    "The beauty and profundity of God is more real than any mere calculation."

Re: NGD and NAD - real men can play pink

Looks sweet Doc, I'll bet she sounds killer... Enjoy!

Forum Member

Re: NGD and NAD - real men can play pink

Love the shell pink! Very cool Tele!!
    Got them Statesboro Blues