Thread: Fender Tremlo repair issue

Forum Member

Fender Tremlo repair issue

I've been workin on a early 70's Quad reverb for a friend. Had all lo time original RCA's in it. Quite bad shape - cleaned all the shi**y pots real good - completely re-capped - blackfaced bias & phase inverter circuit. Biased outputs. Sounds like my 65 twin now. But could not get the Tremlo workin. I 've done a lot of bench tech-ing over the years and am pretty good with circuits (fender anyway) but even after checking everything & resoldiering & measuring or replacing all the resistors - it still would not work correctly. I measured the output of the LDR when the LFO was finally workin and it changed with the LFO, but output was still so low it was unusable. I was ordering parts and was talkin to a tech named AJ about my issue when he said " did you open up the "bug" and ck see if the LDR was upside down?" I said I hadn't thought of that - sure enough -new parts sometimes are made up wrong. Heads up for tremlo troubleshooters - sometimes the "bugs" need looking into. Hope this info is helpful. LOL

Re: Fender Tremlo repair issue

I had that happen once as well. '72 Twin Reverb. Maybe there was a bad run? CBS didn't care.
    Several guitars in different colors
    Things to make them fuzzy
    Things to make them louder
    orange picks

Ten miles from the Mexican Frontier, in Arizona

Re: Fender Tremlo repair issue

Quote Originally Posted by Kap'n View Post
    CBS didn't care.
    Neither does FMIC.

"When injustice becomes law then rebellion becomes duty."