Thread: GFS 'Liquid Trem'...

GFS 'Liquid Trem'...

As promised... it arrived today and well... it knocks anything near it in price clear outta the park... I'm going to do an A-B against the T-Rex I tried in Frankfurt (Musikmesse) when it comes out in June but for the time being... this thing kicks the crap out of anything I've tried that's up to three times it's price... it's pretty damned smooth with it too... I think it might be just the tiniest bit lossy as compared to when it's in true bypass (and it is a true bypass) but that's hard to gauge with an amplitude modulation effect... (I tried the T-Rex with a headphone set-up and there was absolutely no discernable loss - that's what impressed me about it - waiting to try them both against each other with a real amp!)... but... the different things you can get out of it are impressive for an FX unit at this price... the case is decent enough... don't know how the paint/enamel will stand up until I have it a while... the chicken-head knobs are substantial enough too... had a 'butcher's' inside and it's pretty clean work... if used on battery power you might find it a pain to remove the four screws holding the bottom of the case on everytime the battery needs changing but... for 50 US clams... I have absolutely no complaints... does '30 Days In The Hole'... 'Long As I Can See The Light'... and doesn't modulate my bias even though it's supposed to be 'OFF'...
    Last edited by yankeerob; 05-09-2012 at 05:20 PM.
    If I could find a road to get away it wouldn't be too soon....... Shipwreck Moon.......

Re: GFS 'Liquid Trem'...

Nice. Old style roach trem?
    Several guitars in different colors
    Things to make them fuzzy
    Things to make them louder
    orange picks

Re: GFS 'Liquid Trem'...

Quote Originally Posted by Kap'n View Post
    Nice. Old style roach trem?
    Not sure... probably... from memory it does TDITH better than ALAICSTL but haven't gotten anywhere near the inclination to having that good a look... it works... and smooth like I said... hardly anything in it from what I can see (judging fromthe track side which is - of course - all I can see for the time being) so I'm guessing yer probably right )

's cool nonetheless... for the bucks... OK it's MIC... and I'm not right keen on that side of things by a long chalk... but - OTH I've never been disappointed with anything I'ved bought from them... usually a company like this eventually let's you down... I wish I could say that to give it some balance but I can honestly say they haven't... I suppose I should 'scope it to see what the actuals are... and will... against the T-Rex when it comes out Good to hear from ya Kimo...
    If I could find a road to get away it wouldn't be too soon....... Shipwreck Moon.......