Thread: iPad recording, anyone?

iPad recording, anyone?

I just got an iPad and bought Amplitude's iRig to plug my guitar in. It's a noisy bugger, so buzzy, but it's like having a portable amp.

Have any of you tried to record on an ipad?
    If we'd known we were going to be the Beatles, we'd have tried harder.--George Harrison

Gravity Jim

Re: iPad recording, anyone?

I've done some screwing around in GarageBand, but nothing serious. I'd like to try using a input device to record audio in a sequence, just as a living room toy. I have used the iPad synth Animoog on a production, playing the instrument live and micing the iPad.
    Last edited by Gravity Jim; 04-16-2012 at 10:15 AM.

TFF Stage Crew

I got this for Christmas and using it with Garage Band on the iPad is a really slick little demo recorder--very quiet too. While the Garage Band amp models aren't as diverse as the Amplitube models, IMO they sound a heck of a lot better and WAY less noise. YMMV.

That looks great. I may have to invest in it--or carry on with my PC and figure out a way around latency issues.
    If we'd known we were going to be the Beatles, we'd have tried harder.--George Harrison

Gravity Jim

That does look like a pretty slick solution. I could fit a working demo studio in my shoulder bag. Hmmmm.

TFF Stage Crew

It's a nice combination of some pro-ish features in a simple package. It fits all the gens of the iPad too--there's a sleeve/insert thing so the 2 and 3 will fit snugly just like the original will.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by ch willie View Post
    That looks great. I may have to invest in it--or carry on with my PC and figure out a way around latency issues.

I have an M-Audio fast track for my Mac with GarageBand and that solved the latency issues. Don't have any latency issues with my iPad and iRig input. I am curious about the apogee Jam though and how it compares to the iRig. Not sure if I'm curious enough to spend $100 on though when my Mac setup works fine.
    Got them Statesboro Blues

If it all works out, I'll get a 10% discount on some Apple stuff @this PT job...

Oh, man. I can't be getting GAS.
    I just can't.
    "Well, I used to be disgusted, now I try to be amused..."
    Elvis Costello