Thread: Who's playing fender amp clones?

Who's playing fender amp clones?

Victoria, DIY, etc...

Tell me about yours...
    Jason
    The Bear Guy

I have an early Marshall that is pretty much a Fender clone........does that count?

:nya

OK mister smarty pants...;)

Sure, why the hell not...
    Jason
    The Bear Guy

Forum Member
    Originally posted by Spose
    I'd love to try a NOCD tweed :):spose
    Me too, but he's gone and gone outta business, the bum.

This one kinda did a fast fade-away, didn't it..
    Jason
    The Bear Guy

im playing an engl, and i can pretty much get a fender sparkling clean from it.
    Take Care
    T

Forum Member
    Got a Kelley 30/60 Reverb head - 4 x 6V6 (at ~500 volts!), the Blackface Deluxe from hell, even though the design is somewhat different...
    It is a bit embarrassing to have been concerned with
    the human problem all one's life and find at the end
    that one has no more to offer by way of
    advice than "try to be a little kinder."
    -Aldous Huxley, novelist (1894-1963)

I have a Fargen custom with BF AB763 super rev. and tweed 5F6-A bassman circuits in it. I switch channels with a Framptone amp switcher. No master volumn, FX loop or rev. It's all housed in a premium grade pine cab. about the size of a super rev.

It has a Celsestion V10 and Jensen C12N and is capable of running 6V6 or 6L6/5881's and runs at 18-22 or 30-40 watts depending on the tubes used. I also had external bias points and adjustments put in.

I had this made to accomodate different size venues and my volumn needs. I just swap tubes out and rebias for bigger venues. What I didn't bargain for is the range of tones avaliable, I can get close to Marshall, deluxe and super rev. territory and only need to bring one amp.

It has great tone and versatility plus it's built tough (ptp) to last with outstanding craftmanship. Its the first amp I've had in 37 + years of playing that doesn't leave me wanting another amp or feel like I need to stick a pedal in front of it.

The best thing about it was...it didn't cost an arm and a leg like most vintage amps do.

Chow,
    Seegs

Clone thee Fender

I've got a Laney LC30 that will give Fender SF Twins a run for thier money in the clean dept. and it has a better clean then the RI's
    but I had to change the speaker to a Jensen C12N RI

Forum Member
    I just recently got 2 pairs of RCA Black Plate 6L6GC's for my Komet and this amp has suddenly transformed into the most incredible Fender tone machine. Sound clips are coming.

Forum Member
    All of my amps are either Fender clones, or based on Fenders. I have two Victoria amps -- a Deluxe and a low powered Twin. Both are excellent amps if you like it dry (no reverb). While I like reverb, I can live without it, so these are fine amps. The Deluxe came with a Mojo speaker in it, and the Twin came with Celestions in it. (I bought the Twin used, and the original owner specified Celestions when he bought it.) All three speakers are now Reverend Alltone 1250 speakers. To me, the Reverends are a significant improvement.

My main amps are Allen amps, which, while not Fender clones, are certainly based on blackface Fenders. I've built three -- TONESavor (2x12, 40 watt), Old Flame (2x10, 40 watt), and Accomplice (1x12, 18 watt). These critters are my favorites.

The Victoria low-power tweed twin is my alltime favorite amp. I'll have one someday. As for reverb... I grow very weary of it, and if the amp is 3D enough anyway, you don't need it.

I actually prefer dry.
    Jason
    The Bear Guy

Forum Member
    i am using a clark beaufort special...originally came with current production tubes and jensen reissue speaker...tweed tone to the bone ... my prs hb sprucetop sounds unbelievable through this amp...18 watts and really loud...i use four pedals and they all seem fine through this amp...recently retubed with NOS goodies and i swear, it sounds even better...wish i could afford another one of mr clark's amps...emilio

Blonde Carr Rambler.

I'd like a Victoria next. But I here Carr is coming out with a new 20 watt amp switchable all the way down to 8, 2 and 1/8 watts. For a home player like me, the less wattage the better.

Forum Member
    I have three Victorias: a Bassman, a low-powered Twin, and a Double Deluxe. The Double Deluxe isn`t an exact clone of a Fender, but the circuit and sound pretty much are. It sounds almost exactly like my `61 tweed champ, just bigger! It`s a great amp. The Vicky Bassman sounds sweeter, not as bright, and more authentic than my reissue Bassman, but I like the reissue Bassman too! I also have a handwired replica of a `59 tweed Super built by my amp tech that sounds great. All of these amps have reissue Jensens in them.

Forum Member
    I have a Music Mann HD 130Reverb head and matching 2x12 Bottom with the Bass port on the bottom. Awesome. I bought both separately . The Head is what I consider my alltime best guitar purchase value $250 on Ebay. The bottom was a little more at $300. It really is an incredible amp match. I love it.

I also have a Bruno CowTipper 90 which is basicly a Twin on Steriods. And the ultimate Fender Copy amp..........A Cyber Twin.

Forum Member
    I had an ALAMO from the mid fifties that was a dead on tweed Deluxe. Got rid of it after the speaker blew, as there were no GOOD Jensen replacements at the time. Sure wish I still had it. I have seen a few on e-bay tho, and REAL cheap for a point to point hand wired amp.

what on Earth is that thing?

LOL! I am restoring one of the first Fender amp clones ever made, an early '70s 4X10 Bassman copy by Earth Sound Research. It was called the Revival model. Looks like the same version Peavey had at the time. Vinyl tweed covering, s/s front-end with a pair of 6L6 output tubes.

I'm putting in an all-tube chassis, new baffle and having it recovered. Haven't a clue why I'm doing this. :roll
    Don't be funken with my Tele ;~)

Forum Member
    I've got a Music Man 112 RP. Not exactly a Fender clone since it's got a solid state preamp and a tube power amp, but it damn sure sounds like a Fender. A killer little amp if I say so meself. :wail2
    El Freak: guitar god and part time Jedi Knight