Thread: Demo Thepickupwizard

Demo Thepickupwizard

these pickups are available on Ebay He is a Canadian winder - nice pickups I thought, so I did the winder a favour and created a demo file. Also a demo of Blackstar HT 5, Marshall reflector, and Mi Audio Blues Pro Overdrive: Hope you all enjoy.

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/page...ongID=10009143

Re: Demo Thepickupwizard

nice another Canadian winder, sound preety good the first link is not working for me. So where in Canada is the guy? how much? Etc. etc.
    ones too many and a hundred is not enough!

Found them a bit pricey if ya ask me .http://pickupwizard.com/index.php?pr..._Style_Pickups

I will stick with Jeff thanks www.chevalierpickups.com

Hi Russ I checked out the site. Cool. Just FYI the pickups are also sold in an ebay store and are considerably cheaper. Also one thing that stands out with these pickups is that they look vintage and thats just the standard ones. I have also seen pictures of reliced ones that look like they are out of a vintage strat. The ones I have (standard not reliced) the bobbins have signs of hand smoothing,the pole pieces seemingly blackened with age and cool remnants of wax on the bobbins. I love that look.

I have no affiliation with these guys BTW in fact I will soon be a competitor in a sense as I am going to be winding pickups myself, just about got all the gear together for that.

Quote Originally Posted by curt1lp View Post
    Hi Russ I checked out the site. Cool. Just FYI the pickups are also sold in an ebay store and are considerably cheaper. Also one thing that stands out with these pickups is that they look vintage and thats just the standard ones. I have also seen pictures of reliced ones that look like they are out of a vintage strat. The ones I have (standard not reliced) the bobbins have signs of hand smoothing,the pole pieces seemingly blackened with age and cool remnants of wax on the bobbins. I love that look.

I have no affiliation with these guys BTW in fact I will soon be a competitor in a sense as I am going to be winding pickups myself, just about got all the gear together for that.
    Ya cool not many Canadians folks do the aged thing , my strats are all pretty well new so the aged thing would look out of place.
    Funny I said a few years ago was going to start winding but never did.

There is a guy out in B.C. and another in Ontario (Toronto) I got one of his pups used for 22$ ebay thing from GA.
    www.tonefordays.com

That was strange cause I through up a 22 $ bid and for got all about it. Won it , it came in and its 6.9 plain enamel so I said what am I going to try this in. Well the next day I walked into the local Mom and Pop what was sitting there a 1983 JV (57 style) squier. that had a cheap HB in the bridge pos. 200$ price tag. I had a 57 guard at home so for 222 I got a 1983 JV . The pup I got was a JS Moore and it looks exactly like the 2 stock MIA JV pup. Sounds like em too!

Hey Russ, The JV was a great score for the money! they are close to a grand here in Australia. Good price for PUP too. I have seen the JS Moore before in my wanderings about the internet pickup world, he must make decent pickups.

Quote Originally Posted by curt1lp View Post
    Hey Russ, The JV was a great score for the money! they are close to a grand here in Australia. Good price for PUP too. I have seen the JS Moore before in my wanderings about the internet pickup world, he must make decent pickups.
    Yes he does make a decent pup , Really I can't imagine its all that hard to do!Some trial and error and way we go!.

There is a fellow making teles & starting strats at a reasonable price in Canada (Ont.) He makes his own pups as well but I have not heard them and I think he is not selling them as aftermarket , just included in his guitars.

http://www.wightman.ca/~billscheltem...?file=kop5.php
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=khX5z...eature=related

Nice fellow very concern on giving what a customer wants.

Sorry to brag up Canada! I do know of a few Aus. builders great stuff as well . Post some of your fav. always interested in that kinda stuff. I could go on for days talking about Canadian Acoustic builders!!

Cheers have a great holiday season if we don't speak before then.
    Last edited by Russ; 12-19-2010 at 08:48 AM.