Thread: Spose; et al- Sansamps

TFF Stage Crew

Spose; et al- Sansamps

Spose,

I am thinking about getting a Sansamp. I haven't decided which model yet but kind of like the Sansamp Classic idea. A whole amp in a pedal that I could carry around easily.

We are doing a gig in Aspen in February where I will not want to take a big amp.

PAF suggested the Trademark 10 as a great option as well.

Tim C.

mate, do yourself a favor & get one of these:

http://v-stack.com/

i was endorsed by tech 21 for 13 years, and the v-stack absolutely SLAYS the sansamp, & any of their (or anybody else's for that matter!) modellers. the problem with modellers has been a one-dimensionality, especially once you start stacking tracks; the sound gets very small & squashed. and the sansamp also suffers from an unopeness. the v-stack, which btw has only 4 knobs, is so-o-o natural sounding, on the other hand; VERY open. if you go to their site & listen to the mp3's, you will freak! they were done straight into a computer soundcard! since i got mine this week past, i've only had it in my pedal board, into an SMF 15Watter amp. and you wanna know what? THIS THING SCREAMS PLUGGED INTO AN AMP AS WELL!!! so, slow down, light up a ciggie, & go listen to this pedal. it's the one you want mate, hands down! and i'll post some samples as soon as i've recorded them. btw, it only costs $199, so you'll save as well.

ml
    Last edited by badmuddy; 09-07-2003 at 03:40 PM.
    "no, no, your all confused. it's not the sun that's goin' down, it's the hori-zon that's movin' up!" - firesign theatre

Re: Spose; et al- Sansamps

Originally posted by Tim C.
    Spose,

I am thinking about getting a Sansamp. I haven't decided which model yet but kind of like the Sansamp Classic idea. A whole amp in a pedal that I could carry around easily.

We are doing a gig in Aspen in February where I will not want to take a big amp.

PAF suggested the Trademark 10 as a great option as well.

Tim C.
    HI TIM i am lou i own a classic flip dip switchable sansamp pedal i use for so many projects etc from bass to rhythym to lead guitar i lik3 it because it is so portable you flip these little very tiny dip switches either up or down to acheive the approximate amplifier gain / tome or drive you want to use
    i uwe it set on marshall type setting it sounds great i use mine all the time eversince i bought mine new for $150 dollars which was pretty expensive to me but i found out thiws device is more than it looksw it not only very closely models many famous amps it has a instruction guide and i can hide it in the back of my wet amp if i want

its not reallyv a pedal but it can be used as one i keep mine in great condition i like its versatility

mine sansamp tech 21 has four knobs and they all majorly make this gizmo react the way you want
    if you want mesa boogie rectifier it has that approximate tone setting and the instruction book tells you what dip switch to flip etc.....i used t in the studio plugged right into the board i use it alot in front of one of my old bassman heads
    this little tech 21 box is a great investment it also is so portable you can put it in your guitar case after a gig or gig bag what ever you use the owners user manual is very helpful in capturing many approximate sounds of almost all your favorite amplifiers and some players tones

even joe satriani used a sansamp tech 21 in one of his records also he has the rack version in his guitar rack of effects
    good luck
    lou
    guitarnoise2002@wmconnect.com
    SINCERELY
    BLUELOU
    GODBLESS

When the band traveled, I carried a Hohner Steinberger copy, a BOSS DM-2, and a GT-2. We rented amps most times, but even straight into the board the GT-2 did a fine job. We did a few T.V. shows with just the GT-2. I've owned three over the years and some can be noisy.
    "Power don't come from a badge or a gun. Power comes from lying. Lying big and gettin' the whole damn world to play along with you. Once you've got everybody agreeing with what they know in their hearts ain't true, you've got 'em by the balls."
    Senator Roark - Sin City