Thread: X1 Fender Pick-Up

X1 Fender Pick-Up

Is there any love on this forum for the Fender X1 Pick-Up from the early eighties? I have one in my bridge pos. in an Gold on Gold 1982 and realy like it, now I found another one on the market and it's on the way and would like to try it for the neck pos. 10 K readings on the meter. Any opinions please !!

Re: X1 Fender Pick-Up

I have a LEAD II and the neck pup sounds great (bridge pup to)! I´ve thought of removing them to one of my strats but so far i haven´t found the guts to mess with an original Fullerton Fender.

Those Leads with the X1's are realy a bargain for the guitar and sounds You can get from them, I wish I could find one in Holland for a small price tag like in the USA, and I wouldn't mess with mine if I had one, some day these Fullerton made guitars will be very much appreciated like my Gold on Gold that I bought for a good price and sounds and plays so good. For me no custom shop artifical aging can replicate the real thing for 2-3 times the money !! The neck profile for the Lead an Gold are the same and I like it a lott !!

Yeah, i know i have a ´79 strat to, bought it new back then and that neck is almost the same in profile. They are very comfortable and easy to play. I´m on the second set of frets on the old strat but now it never leave home anymore, i just take it out of it´s case on sundays :-)
    I´m curious about the lead neck X1 in the same position on the strat but i haven´t got the guts to mess with neither of them so it´s probably never gonna happen!
    Is this becoming an internal thread or are there someone else who have tried the X1 in neck position on a strat?

Seems to be that there is not much love for the X1 or is it that there are not many of them around and therefor not much opinions for it?

I put a couple in a strat,mid and bridge..........sounded great.
    "My flesh and my heart fail...but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever."
    PS. 73:26

MY JAMS--
    http://www.soundclick.com/bands/defa...&content=music