Thread: Fender Blender anyone?

Fender Blender anyone?

Anybody out there use one? What's it good for? What's the difference between the 3 and 4 knob version? How much should I expect to pay?

I've always had an interest in the Fender Blender. A friend of mine used one in the 70's and got a monsterous sound. I've seen them listed from time to time at around $400. I've never bought one though, it is one of those pedals I keep hoping I'll find in a pawn shop or somewhere for a great deal. And it ain't happened yet.
    This is defintely an over-the-top type of distortion pedal, don't expect a wide variety of tones. It does a heavy, saturated lead tone with a hint of upper octave to the tone. The one's I've heard have been very noisy but it is to be expected for the gain levels it produces. It has a very unique tone and I would love to have one some day. The 4 knob version is more desirable.

Forum Member
    Oooh, that hurts! I had one of these originally back in the day. I paid abut $29 brand new in 1972, it was the four knob version. I didn't even know they made a three knob variant. Here's my Fender Blender story,

I played the National Anthem at a gymnastics meet in high school (my buds were all gymnasts) in 1973. I used a Ventura SG copy into the Blender into a 100w Monkey Wards tube amp driving 4-15" speakers. Everything on 10, everything...

I cracked the magnets in all four speakers, parents were covering their ears and running for cover and I got a standing ovation. It was the largest crowd they'd ever had for agymnastics meet (one of my friends was a natural promoter).

Best part, at the next school board meeting, they banned any "unruly" variations of the National Anthem at school sponsered events.

:y

Mpls! You maniac! That sounds AWESOME! Wish I was there! :LC

Reminds me of time when a band I was in "covered" the Butthole Surfers "The Shah Sleeps in Lee Harvey's Grave" at school variety show in '84 or so. I was in tears.