Thread: Project almost done...

Project almost done...

A guy dropped this off about six months ago, and I told him how much it was going to cost for parts, but I don't think he got the hint. Never game me the cash to finish it off.

I decided to just finish it off so if he does not pick it up right away, I can play it. All I need to do is get a truss rod cover to finish it off. Oh, and strings and set the intonation!

Santana would be proud!

The Best Guitar Photos On The Net!
    Photoweborama

Re: Project almost done...

those old yamahas can be uberkool! cool beans mark.
    "don't worry, i'm a professional!"

TFF Stage Crew

I think it's cool you managed to use the term "finish it off" three times in a post of less than 100 words.

More pics!

What work did you do with it?
    s'all goof.

I think it's cool you managed to use the term "finish it off" three times in a post of less than 100 words.

Great observation!!!
    A good, screaming Strat just might be the greatest guitar sound of all..... -Slash

Quote Originally Posted by 71818 View Post
    Wow, and I didn't even try! Just think what I could have done if I put my mind to it!!

I did not really do that much to it. More checked it out. The guy wanted to restore it, but it seems to have been dropped. It broke the headstock and pulled the stop bar studs out of the body. Someone fixed the neck, and did a really good job on it.

When they fixed the studs, they just super glued them in and then stuck a Gibson fine tune bridge (you remember those...) on it. The studs set in the body crooked, so it looked even worse with the Gibson bridge on it.

So I told the guy that with repairs it would not be worth the expense to try to restore it. Best to just make it playable.

I just had to replace the stop bar and both of the switching tone controls were broken so it was in split mode all the time. The original pots work so when you press the knob, it would click and then pop up. Press the knob again and it would pop down. I just replaced the pots with standard push pull pots.

The rest, except the truss rod cover was pretty much standard setup stuff.

I guess the main problem was that I just did not feel like working on it. That's why I let it sit so long...Plus I had no cash to front the parts myself. He never asked about it so....
    The Best Guitar Photos On The Net!
    Photoweborama