Thread: Picked up a G&L ASAT Special

Picked up a G&L ASAT Special

I never wanted a Tele, but I someone made me a deal I could not pass up. I got an ASAT Special. What a guitar!!! In a way, it is so obvious that I have been missing something all these years. I have always been a believer that I had to play either a Strat or a Les Paul to get the job done. For all the Tele bashing I've done, I apologise. I'll get pics up ASAP.
    A good, screaming Strat just might be the greatest guitar sound of all..... -Slash

Re: Picked up a G&L ASAT Special

I never realized what a Tele was until I found out that Led Zeppelin 1 was done with a Tele. What a shock that was. Now I love them.

Shhhh... keep it down or everybody'll be playing them. I have 3 Strats and 1 Tele. The Strats tend to stay at home 98 percent of the time.
    POO DAT!!!

John Richards
    The first thing I did when I got home was to plug in and play the riffs to "How Many More Times" and "Good Times Bad Times". I was so fired up, I took the guitar on a gig without even setting up or changing strings. Even playing "Keep Your Hands To Yourself" for the 5,000,000th time was fun. I did not realize how versatile a Tele really is. Blues, Classic Rock, R&B were all handled with ease. The pickups on the G&L Special are simply amazing. Actually, I'm impressed with the QC of the whole guitar. Well done (again!!!) Leo.
    A good, screaming Strat just might be the greatest guitar sound of all..... -Slash

Mesotech
    I can see myself getting a couple Teles. This could be the start of a whole new strain of GAS for me.

Oh it's an addiction for sure.. Enjoy!