Thread: el34 tubes vs 5881 tubes

el34 tubes vs 5881 tubes

i dont own a book on these tubes what is the difference between them are they interchangeable i dont mean to sound corny how complicated is this mod to switch over a bassman ab165 50 watt head to run on el 34 power tubes like my old marshall had a while back ?
    is there a schematic someone can send me online showing the parts to inter change or replace i got this junk fender bassman i want to experiment on but i dont want to do anything dangerous plus i do mess with these amps quite a bit mildly
    please respond back
    lou
    guitarnoise2002@hotmail.com
    guitarnoise2002@wmconnect.com
    thank you
    please again no sarcasm
    thanx
    god bless
    i wish i knew the trik it dont seem imposibble to modify
    where i live there is no amp techs so every man to his own !!!lmao 8/30/03 keep smilin i honestly hope for a decent reply
    thanx you all
    SINCERELY
    BLUELOU
    GODBLESS

If I am not mistaken, 5881s are interchangable with 6L6 tubes not EL 34.

This is a review of the Sovtek 5881 WXT from thetubestore.com.

Sovtek 5881WXT - Solid construction and good performance. While not outstanding, the 5881WXT is probably the most commonly used tube of its type. Many amp manufacturers have been using these reliable workhorses as original equipment components. A good choice for general purpose use but not as rich in harmonic content as others in this class. If you like to run your guitar straight into the amp, there are better choices. If you prefer to run through a bunch of rack equipment or like major crunch and overdrive sounds then this tube will work well.

brianf
    Oh Man!!! I never knew Fender made amps too!!!

to brianf el34 tubes

if i am not mistaken there is a sorta simple mod i could easily perform on my bassman silverface head its a 2 tuber 50 watter to run the el34 tubes i forgot the mod it is possible after all i kno marshall was originally loosely based on a bassman amp so life aint so super complicated
    i got plenty of time and tons of resistors to experiment i am nosey as to what i need to do to the tube sockets resistor wise lmao
    its been a long time i attempted something drastic like this
    as crazy as it sounds i just like to learn /experiment itds dangerous i just purchased a nother hewett army issued packet oscilliscope so ill soon kno some things i am a amp hobbieist i like old bassmans but this particular one is a piece of shit lmao
    if i want a marshall i'll gladly save up and buy one the one i like but i like also to learn so people passing tube and socket ideas along isnt too drastic thatt all i was lookin for was comparison ideas etc cause in england jim marshall used el34 tubes etc
    nothin wrong with learnin
    have a great labor day bro
    thankx sor the reply
    lou
    guitarnoise2002@wmconnect.com
    or my main one lou
    guitarnoise2002@hotmail.com i prefer that one usually

have fun be safe please reply back thank you lou 8/30/03
    SINCERELY
    BLUELOU
    GODBLESS