Thread: Kluson "Replica" Tuners - Source?

Forum Member

Kluson "Replica" Tuners - Source?

Hey guys - I used to be able (on eBay) to find some single line Kluson Deluxe (and single line, no writing) replica tuners for my Stratocaster guitars/projects; guy out of Germany with an eBay like "whatmommawonttellyou) or something like that. I want to buy a set of the above for my Taos Turquoise Custom Shop, and haven't been able to find that eBay member or otherwise source these tuners anywhere. Can anyone h'ep a Brutha out?

Thanks In Advance!

Ganz

Ten miles from the Mexican Frontier, in Arizona

Re: Kluson "Replica" Tuners - Source?

"whatmamadontknow" disappeared for a time from Ebay then showed up once more as "crazy parts". It looks like they've vanished again though they may just be "on holiday", as they say in Europe (this vendor was based in Germany).

I bought several sets of this seller's repro "Fender -- Patent Pending" Strat bridge saddles which are pretty nice. I could use another set in fact.

As an alternative you might just buy a new set of repro single-line Klusons and let them "relic" at their own pace.

HTH
    "When injustice becomes law then rebellion becomes duty."

Forum Member

Have you tried here?

These guys are just down the road from here......Bill

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by cwilliamrose View Post
    Have you tried here?

These guys are just down the road from here......Bill
    Regrettably, the "operating quality" of these tuners leaves MUCH to be desired, IMHO...

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by phantomman View Post
    "whatmamadontknow" disappeared for a time from Ebay then showed up once more as "crazy parts". It looks like they've vanished again though they may just be "on holiday", as they say in Europe (this vendor was based in Germany).

I bought several sets of this seller's repro "Fender -- Patent Pending" Strat bridge saddles which are pretty nice. I could use another set in fact.

As an alternative you might just buy a new set of repro single-line Klusons and let them "relic" at their own pace.

HTH
    Found 'em! Do a Google search for "Crazy Parts Germany" and you'll get there - MANY thanks for the help - as the one lesbian said to the OTHER lesbian: "YOU da' MAN!"

Uh, thanks......(I think!).

Forum Member

I bought the WAFFLEBACK™ style for my project -- a different design for sure and they seem to be very nice, well made parts. At twice the price I can imagine there's going to be a big difference........Bill

Forum Member

Just a quick followup note - I ordered a bunch of parts from Crazy Parts in Germany - it couldn't have been much easier to navigate their website, make my choices, and pay (PayPal). A mere 10 days or so later, along came my parts: Kluson single line tuners, tremelo springplate cover, aged 2mm single ply pickguard, Fender Pat. Pending saddles, and aged "ivory" pickup covers. GREAT parts, good prices, fast and efficient service - all good!

Pics, laddie......

WHERE ARE THE PICS???

Forum Member

Pics, laddie......

WHERE ARE THE PICS???

Gimme a coupla weeks - I've got more "plans" for her, including installing the P/G w/some newly-acquired "old" Lindy Fralin Vintage Hots that I sold to a guy 7 years ago. Also got a DeTemple Titanium trem. block coming...

We'll be watching!

Forum Member

We'll be watching!

Hey Gents - JUST got in my late-'56-numbered neckplate; she's D-U-N done (except I might have Scott Lentz remove the Custom Shop decal from the back of the headstock and retint/reshoot it). It plays and sounds GREAT! I think the titanium trem. block was the single biggest tonal improvement (this is the third one I've bought/installed on my own "Project X" Stratocasters over the years) - DAMN YOU Mike DeTemple! An expensive upgrade, but it made a NOTICEABLE improvement in single string/single note "separation", and also contributed to an audible "note bloom" that was not nearly as evident beforehand. The Lindy Fralin Vintage Hots and the Schaller Megaswitch was the icing on the cake; the middle position sounds FANTASTIC with the combination of the neck/bridge pickups! My friend "mingus" and I A-B'd it with his all-original '55, his refinn'd '62, and his '82 '57 Reissue for about an hour over the weekend through a high-end tube amp; I'm happy to say that it was in the same "zip code" as all three! The '55 just stood out as having a more complex and "mature" tone. I gotta say that the Fender Custom Shop is doing SUCH a nice job on their ash-bodied Strats - the contours on the body are SO close to original, and the "10/56" neck profile is almost identical to the real deal! This is my second ash-body/maple neck Custom Shop, and it's DEFINITELY a "keeper"! I really like that Fender went with ash for these Custom Color '56 Relics; to me, it's the ideal combination! Look for pictures in a new thread in the Stratocaster section!
    Last edited by Joe Ganzler; 12-28-2009 at 01:58 PM.

I can't wait to see it!