Thread: Ho baby - I gotta tell you about Avatar cabs......

Ho baby - I gotta tell you about Avatar cabs......

Plain and simple - if you are in the market for a new cab, check out Avatar cabs. They come in many configs - 2X10, 4X10, 2X12, 1X15, with/without horns and in either 4 or 8 ohms. I just got in from my first gig using a new 2X10 8 ohm powered with a SWR 4004 (270W @ 8 ohms)......and it was sheer heaven. Deep, rich bottom end.........clear, crisp top end.....and MONSTER volume with NO break up. This cab blows away both SWR 2X10 offerings I tried - the WM 2X10 AND the Goliath Jr.

You know how sometimes you can get just an inkling of a feeling about something that bothers you about a new product.....but you just sweep it under the rug because you're all excited about the 'newness' of it? Then it rears its ugly head later....and you probably really knew about it all along? Well, I never got one inkling of doubt tonight with this cab. It really is THAT good, IMO, and admittedly these are my first impressions.

Dave Avatar is a man of his word (delivers EXACTLY when he tells you he will) and his cabs are worth probably twice to three times the $$ he asks for them. 14 day trial period makes for a real nice risk-free purchase.

If I sound giddy with delight about my recent purchase.....it's only because I AM. Check them out.......

www.avatarspeakers.com
    Last edited by Telebluesfan; 08-26-2003 at 07:30 AM.

I cranked my new Avatar 210 for the first time tonight.

wow

MAJOR wow.

Originally posted by doc540
    I cranked my new Avatar 210 for the first time tonight.

wow

MAJOR wow.
    I didn't even know you were getting one, doc. I must've missed that! Congratulations!

So, what are you driving your Avatar with?

And......are you tempted to stack it on something like a 115? I'm really having my doubts as to whether or not I need it - even though my original intent was to order the B115 as soon as I had the $$ set aside. The damn 210 has SO much bottom to it though, that I'd probably be glad not having to haul around an extra 60 lbs to every gig.
    Last edited by Telebluesfan; 09-09-2003 at 11:09 PM.

Woa, daddy- surf's up!

I just got my B210 cabinet, driving it with an Ashdown MAG400 head (about 350 watts at 8 ohms) and it's pure tone heaven. Dialed back on the horn some because it can get a little harsh but that's the only issue. Nice to have the attenuator.
    "It's a good life and somebody has got to live it."

Originally posted by Rusty Sterling
    I just got my B210 cabinet, driving it with an Ashdown MAG400 head (about 350 watts at 8 ohms) and it's pure tone heaven. Dialed back on the horn some because it can get a little harsh but that's the only issue. Nice to have the attenuator.
    Ditto - I'm running mine about 1:00 (probably about 30-40% rolled off).

Here's the Mini-Monster.

Out of pure dumbass vanity I had to match the Yamaha preamp with a Yamaha power amp.

I think it's 440w per side, and I'm only running channel B into the Avatar. Sucker's LOUD!

I'm still working on the tone, so I have that horn turned off. Jbass and Roto's are bright enough.

Pic Link

I never imagined a little 210 cab could honk so low and so loud.
    Ayatollah of Dumbassollah

facebook: Stephen Doc Watson