Thread: #1877 (self explanitory)

#1877 (self explanitory)

Nov 19, 10:54 PM (ET)

LOS ANGELES (AP) - California tax officials say an interior designer's false disability claim was uncovered when he was spotted on a home improvement television show.

Fifty-six-year-old Ronald Hunt of Los Angeles was sentenced Tuesday to 200 hours of community service and ordered to pay more than $180,000 in restitution, unpaid taxes and fines. He pleaded guilty to two felony counts of fraud.

The state's Franchise Tax Board says Hunt falsely claimed he was disabled for three years and collected almost $150,000 in benefits, while earning about $400,000 in income as an interior designer.

An employee of the insurance company that was paying Hunt's benefits saw Hunt on a Home and Garden Television program and reported him to the state Department of Insurance.
    do I look like I know what I'm doing?

Ten miles from the Mexican Frontier, in Arizona

Re: #1877 (self explanitory)

To hear my family in Sacramento tell it, everybody out there games the system. Small wonder the state is in the fiscal shape it's in.

P'raps the Nostrodamus prediction will come to pass, thus sparing the taxpayers in the other 49 states from having to bail out the left coast's #1 "workers' paradise".
    "When injustice becomes law then rebellion becomes duty."