Thread: Sunday Morning Coffee and...

Sunday Morning Coffee and...

Day two of a little guitar show here in Sunny South Carolina.

I'm hawking a bunch of amps I've posted here recently.
    The Relic/modern builds are getting a lot of attention.

Otherwise just ducking the heat.

Re: Sunday Morning Coffee and...

Happy Sunday! I'm going to spend the day playing with my new toy....
    "We catched fish and talked, and we took a swim now and then to keep off sleepiness." Mark Twain

Morning and good day to all - got an early 18 holes in before the heat and humidity really dosed us. Getting ready for a vacation - escapng to the Adirondacks for a week & a half mid week nex week. Hoping everyone has a great week Oh yeah, thinking I am going to go for a Baja Telecaster soon, the itch is becoming intolerable :)

figures, a sunday morning when I finally felt like getting out early and it was rainy/drizzly/cloudy with imminent threat of precipitation. Half the flea market would not bother showing up, those that did would likely leave early anyway.

still working on trying to integrate that pioneer receiver into my music room. Turns out that it gets very hot and needs a surface location with no stacking on top of it. Plus it is oversized for my audio desk hutch. I have it sitting on the shelving unit that I planned to put my turntable on. I could bring in the currently unused stereo cabinet from my bedroom, where the turntable resides ... on the bottom shelf. Where it is likely to receive as much use as it currently gets, essentially none. Bringing in another piece of furniture without swapping it for an existing one is a problematic fix at best in a room this small. Yeah, I know, first world problems

I'm just finishing up installing a replacement nut for my boss' boss' 1970s Guild D35. The nut is installed and drying. Just cleanup and final setup left.

I played the guitar with nut nut rough and just held in by string tension with the old strings and it sounded really good.

I'm going to sit down later and work out a guitar practice / writing schedule for the week. And then I'll play my acoustic for a change.
    If we'd known we were going to be the Beatles, we'd have tried harder.--George Harrison

Quote Originally Posted by DanTheBluesMan View Post
    figures, a sunday morning when I finally felt like getting out early and it was rainy/drizzly/cloudy with imminent threat of precipitation. Half the flea market would not bother showing up, those that did would likely leave early anyway.

still working on trying to integrate that pioneer receiver into my music room. Turns out that it gets very hot and needs a surface location with no stacking on top of it. Plus it is oversized for my audio desk hutch. I have it sitting on the shelving unit that I planned to put my turntable on. I could bring in the currently unused stereo cabinet from my bedroom, where the turntable resides ... on the bottom shelf. Where it is likely to receive as much use as it currently gets, essentially none. Bringing in another piece of furniture without swapping it for an existing one is a problematic fix at best in a room this small. Yeah, I know, first world problems
    It's almost funny how we get used to the efficient spacing of modern equipment.

I was thrilled to get the direct drive Technics turntable in fine shape, now's she's living in my son's bedroom as a cool relic from days gone by as he plums through my old records.
    Well, I guess that's the good news.
    He has learned how to take care of them and he loves the old James Gang, etc...but bad for me because I really don't have the room for the TT I spent a bit to get going!

A friend has decided to send a Sansui TU70 as a late birthday gift..
    I guess I need to rethink my shelf plans.
    It needs air as well!

Basically rested and slept today........went for a nice long walk later,did 2 repairs,and installed some Zhangliqun pups in my LP Deluxe,a Widebucker and a Brownbucker.
    "My flesh and my heart fail...but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever."
    PS. 73:26

MY JAMS--
    http://www.soundclick.com/bands/defa...&content=music