Thread: Slight Return

Slight Return

I haven't posted on here in at least five years, not having had a strat in that long I hadn't thought about it. I purchased one for one of the acts I play guitar for though and right away realized what I was missing. I bought a 1992 MIJ 1958 reissue custom order custom shop strat. Nitro finish, all nickel hardware, period correct right down to all the screws. Scary! I couldn't believe how close this is to a real 58 (and I have played a couple). At first I wasn't sure if I would like the different profile of the neck and radius since the other strat I had six years ago was a 54 reissue, chunkier with a V. After a day of playing it I am absolutely head over heels with this thing! I have definitely entered back into the realm of strats. Anyway, hope all of your are well and playing!

Michael Holt.
    blues: get em!

Re: Slight Return

Welcome back,Michael.
    Stay well, take care.
    I have decided to be happy because it's good for my health.

it's weird ain't it? i'm not a strat guy, but want to build a number 3, i already 2 nice strats. i don't even play guitar that much anymore!
    "don't worry, i'm a professional!"

Welcome back friend!
    RIP Lacey Cat 1992-2009

I have a couple of Les Pauls that I really love, but NOTHING can replace my favorite Strats. After playing my Gibsons exclusively (I made myself do it because they were not getting used often) for the last 3 months, I picked up a Strat to learn a new song and I was surprised at how much I had missed it. The Strat is a tonally different animal, but it is so much more ergonomically efficient. I guess I am just a "Strat Cat" at heart. Leo fender got it right. I'm not dissing the Gibson setup, but for me, the Strat is the ultimate axe.
    A good, screaming Strat just might be the greatest guitar sound of all..... -Slash

Forum Member

I've unloaded quite a few Gibsons over the past year for that same reason.

The Strats just seem to be what I gravitate towards and the others barely get any playtime. I've still got an LP and a couple of US Washburn Pilsen models but none have been played in over three months.

Right now I have 4 Strats in arms reach!

Welcome back to the fold!

For me I have my favorite guitars for sure, my 72 firebird that I bought in 84 when I was nineteen is a staple. It was hacked at the pickup holes and early dimarzio super distortions installed. There were two holes drilled in the pickguard so when I started playing blues I put mini switches in and coil tapped em. They sound like big tele pickups! Great guitar. Headstock broke off in three pieces around 87 and I finally found a guy who made a template to graft a complete new headstock on since a moron who told me he could fix it sawed the rest of the headstock off at the nut. Anyway, the case fell face first and popped the headstock joint and I decided to try a strat again for the gig I use the 'bird for. Man! I can't put this guitar down. I can't believe how much I have been diggin it. Been awile since I can't wait to find time to pick a guitar up. They are utility pieces for which band I am working with including my own. Nice to fall head over heels with a guitar again.

Ten miles from the Mexican Frontier, in Arizona

She's a keeper!

"When injustice becomes law then rebellion becomes duty."

Thanks! I dig it. Sounds great through my vibrolux custom. the amps been modified to the bejeesus though.

So true. I hadn't played a Strat for years and forgot what I was missing.
    It's such a great design that was done right all those years ago.
    It's a very good guitar for a relatively bargain price. What impressed me was that right out of the box, it had a good set up and needed nothing. I didn't even have to play with the intonation. Very cool.
    Funny thing is I could have bought five and a half American Strats for what I paid for the '60 reissue Les Paul!
    Happy New Year to all you Strat players!!

I never had a Strat I liked until two years ago. Now, she's about all I play, and the Les Paul has taken a back seat in semi-retirement. Now it feels like an old friend every time I pick her (the Strat) up. It just took me 40-something years to find "The One".

Paul

Nice!

They're so well designed, Strats are instantly comfortable, at least to me.
    If we'd known we were going to be the Beatles, we'd have tried harder.--George Harrison

Most ergonomic electric guitar.

Ever.

well, IMO...
    Tone is in the fingers, eh? Let's hear your Vox, Marshall and Fender fingerings then...

Quote Originally Posted by hudpucker View Post
    Most ergonomic electric guitar.

Ever.

well, IMO...
    You're so right. I just love sitting in a chair or on the couch and noodling around on that Strat unplugged.