Thread: Its finished now !!!!!!!

Its finished now !!!!!!!

I know you've seen this guitar in a previous thread, but since having this built by OperationStrat ive done a few bits myself that have really finished it off and made it my own.
    Ive done the fretboard wear, which took hours but looks really good in person.
    Ive changed the saddles for Fatboys PAT PEND repros...which are amazing.
    Ive swapped the tuners for GHOTO's with Kluson single line stamps (top quality)
    Ive aged the Fender waterslide a bit more heavily
    I swapped the string tree for a '56 round job....
    .....and ive done some ageing to the pickguard which made a big difference.

Here's some high resolution pics.......hope you like

http://s821.photobucket.com/albums/zz138/56replica/
    Last edited by alexanderja; 08-17-2009 at 01:14 PM.
    Vintage Spec . . .
    .... dont mess with a good thing

Forum Member

Re: Its finished now !!!!!!!

Thats just one of the most awesomest Relics Ive seen. I think you got the shades of the tint exactly perfect. My only initial thought was that you reliced the neck wear a bit on the heavy side in relation to the overall wear on the body, but its a hard thing to quantify, or match up. Perhaps you were working off an actual vintage model.
    I'll show you what I mean, in that even though my friends '58 is in absolute amazing condition, it exhibits generally the same amount of wear on body and neck, and you'll notice most of the wear on the neck is on the cowboy chords.
    I would expect your neck, if it was genuine vintage to have a lot more wear on it than my friends, however i would also expect the body to be a bit more beat also, commensurate with the wear on the neck, but i stress thats only an observation, more of a guess .
    Its a tremendous effort and looks absolutely genuine and fantastic. Congrats.;

[IMG]

[/IMG]

Thanks for the comments mate.
    As for the neck wear, . . relicing is one of those things that you really have to hit a balance between what you like the look of . . and what's realistic (if you wanna do it well).
    I loosely modelled this neck on Claptons Blackie, purely because I think that level of play wear looks fantastic.
    As for how much body wear is correct for that. . . . . it's anyones guess .
    I s'pose every old guitar would have its own story and its own level of care, however much it had been played.
    Some will have been beat to shit and abused, but not necessarily played to death.... and vice versa.

............ Lovely old guitar in your pictures by the way ! !
    Last edited by alexanderja; 08-18-2009 at 03:39 AM.
    Vintage Spec . . .
    .... dont mess with a good thing

exactly, every old guitar has story to tell. what you have is a beauty!
    "don't worry, i'm a professional!"

Jake..

The strat looks even more amazing with those final personal touches.

I promise I WILL get those pics onto the site and sort out a better camera. My current camera just dosn't pick up all those details.

Ive put a pic of your's onto the homepage for now.

Mike- OperationStrat