Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Things to do while the wife is away

Re: Things to do while the wife is away

Quote Originally Posted by curtisstetka View Post
    Thanks, phatomman. No kidding. I can't believe my son is 10 years old already. My little girl is 6. I'm going to blink my eyes and they'll be off to college.

I've realized the only currency any of us ultimately has to spend here on earth is time. I try to lavish it on my kids. Doesn't matter what we're doing - if they see that they've got my interest and attention, THAT is what counts.
    Curt, my kids are almost the same age, 11 and 7. Oh wait, those are my GRANDkids!!!! DOH.

Yah, it goes by really really fast. My daughter just graduated from law school.

When my youngest grandson was born, I was babysitting the oldest while my wife was at the hospital with my daughter and son-in-law. Liam and I had a "cowboy" camp out in the living room, complete with campfire (towel over a low wattage lamp). We ate chili and hotdogs and sang cowboy songs. Life is good.
    "The beauty and profundity of God is more real than any mere calculation."

Re: Things to do while the wife is away

That sounds awesome, Doc. I never knew either of my grandfathers or much extended family, for that matter. I feel like my kids are blessed to have a full set of grandparents PLUS a couple great-grandparents still hanging around (on their mother's side).
    s'all goof.