Thread: Threads Disappear?

Threads Disappear?

I wrote a thread yesterday that has now been deleted about a trip to the US.....can anyone tell me why this has disappeared or has been deleted? MODS?
    "Sorry" - John Belushi as he smashed a guitar in Animal House

Forum Member

Re: Threads Disappear?

I read that and found it an interesting piece, oh well.

occasionally, the moderators remove a thread due to someone's posting that went 'south' of the acceptable.

Sometimes they get locked, sometimes they vanish

Last edited by rudutch; 07-24-2009 at 07:59 AM.
    do I look like I know what I'm doing?

TFF Stage Crew

Yes, your thread self-destructed. Despite your intentions, it quickly devolved into a bashing of one part of the U.S.A. in favor of another, which offended the group who lived in the first part, who lashed out, etc., etc., etc.

Threads are locked or disappear when people begin personally attacking each other.

Forum Member

pc,

Is it not possible to remove posts within a thread, explain the issue that caused their removal, and let the valuable part of the thread remain? Just asking.........Bill

Quote Originally Posted by pc View Post
    Yes, your thread self-destructed. Despite your intentions, it quickly devolved into a bashing of one part of the U.S.A. in favor of another, which offended the group who lived in the first part, who lashed out, etc., etc., etc.

Threads are locked or disappear when people begin personally attacking each other.

Hmmm, well, so we learn better, wouldn't it be in good taste to quickly PM the originator that something has happened so we may ponder what has happened and understand what the broken rule was so we may avoid other confusion in the future?

Hmmm, well, so we learn better, wouldn't it be in good taste to quickly PM the originator that something has happened so we may ponder what has happened and understand what the broken rule was so we may avoid other confusion in the future?

Ok ....we heard you the first time. ;)
    Humility is not thinking less of yourself, it's thinking of yourself less.
    C. S. Lewis

www.myspace.com/ronnieleslie
    http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?...36&ref=profile
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/6070659...7626159170245/

Wow, how did that happen? I only posted that one once from this side of cyberspace....

Guess you must have inadverently opened one of these:

Failure is simply the opportunity to begin again, this time more intelligently.

Henry Ford

Evanston IL, or Bluffton OH... which ever comes first.

Hmm... I am sorry- I think I may have I contributed to the thread heading that way. I'm glad to hear Erock had an enjoyable vacation.
    "The other Shaltanac's joopleberry shrub is always a more mauvy shade of pinky-russet."

"there's NOTHING WRONG with a live penguin, but...I expected a hamburger!"

TFF Stage Crew

Quote Originally Posted by Erock_Germany View Post
    Quickly PM? We don't have PMs at TFF Erock.

This will sound dickish and I don't mean it to, but TFF mods/admit don't need the thread originator's permission to do anything with the threads or posts within them.

Far more importantly, I hope you understand that you didn't do a single thing wrong. You violated no TFF rule and clearly had no intention of that thread taking the bad turn it did. These things happen, and when they do, a moderator mops up the mess.

If I thought this was a situation where you were baiting angry responses or violated a TFF rule with what you posted, I assure you that you would have had an email waiting.

We do prefer that you email us if you have questions about edits or removals of threads, rather than posting a new thread which has the great potential of starting the flame war all over again before it's seen by a moderator, but aside from that, all is well here.

TFF Stage Crew

Quote Originally Posted by cwilliamrose View Post
    pc,

Is it not possible to remove posts within a thread, explain the issue that caused their removal, and let the valuable part of the thread remain? Just asking.........Bill
    Sure, it is possible, and sometimes that's what's done. However, the people in that thread who were angry at each other were still trying to post to it even as I was moving it, and they were responding to comments from every single post including the original one. In this case, post removal would not have fixed the issue. The topic just had to be removed.

Forum Member

Understood, thanks.......Bill

Hey, you could always start it up again!

Quote Originally Posted by Erock_Germany View Post
    Wow, how did that happen? I only posted that one once from this side of cyberspace....
    Whatever E-G, your side of cyberspace sucks...

Either way, glad you had a good vacation, back safe and sound, still posting.

Cheers

Quickly PM? We don't have PMs at TFF Erock.

This will sound dickish and I don't mean it to, but TFF mods/admit don't need the thread originator's permission to do anything with the threads or posts within them.

Far more importantly, I hope you understand that you didn't do a single thing wrong. You violated no TFF rule and clearly had no intention of that thread taking the bad turn it did. These things happen, and when they do, a moderator mops up the mess.

If I thought this was a situation where you were baiting angry responses or violated a TFF rule with what you posted, I assure you that you would have had an email waiting.

We do prefer that you email us if you have questions about edits or removals of threads, rather than posting a new thread which has the great potential of starting the flame war all over again before it's seen by a moderator, but aside from that, all is well here.
    Well, I guess I meant e-mail at my registered mail, not PM. I was not asking for you to get permission to delete but requesting if deleted a quick mail on why so it will not happen.....

This is cool now though since it took a dive without me intending....oh well, some folks!

You can lock this down now. I am with you PC......

TFF Stage Crew

No problem, and no worries at all on this end Erock. Thanks for understanding!