Thread: ANYONE WHO USES EL34 TUBES

ANYONE WHO USES EL34 TUBES

gang try these out if you get the chance !
    my friend that owns a music store finally got my e-mail on my tube crisis when i dropped my amp chassis and broke all my el 34 tubes in my hands

anyway i ordered ELECTROHARMONIX EL 34 TUBES A QUAD SET OF THEM AND A QUAD REPLACEMENT SET OF SOVTEK EL 34 MM TUBES
    I TRIED BOTH SETS OUT FOR APPROX 2 DAYS EACH AND THESE ELECTRO HARMONICS ONES REALLY SING BEAUTIFULY
    THIS AMP IS SWEET
    ANYWAY I WANTED TO PASS ON A GOOD THING I EXPERIENCED
    LOU
    GUITARNOISE2002@HOTMAIL.COM SATURDAY 4:37 AFTERNOON
    SINCERELY
    BLUELOU
    GODBLESS

I've been using the Svetlana EL-34's in my Rivera for quite some time and really like them. Very smooth and full sounding with a pleasant breakup.

I tried the Sovtechs and thought they sounded a bit harsh and were too treble oriented for me. I've heard good reports on the newer EH's but haven't tried them yet.

If ya like them, enjot them and play the hell outta them.

Hammer on........Blair

the eletro harmonics el34s

hi man i think they sound really good for the buck they are in the range of about a 8 on a scale of 1 to ten
    when i recieced this crate vintage tube 50 watt 3x10 amplifier it was so burnt up inside electronics wiser its a miracle i got her workin again but i have lots of patience and i am a pretty good amp trouble shooter lol i totally replaced all the tube with 2 types of tubes first and just kept workin on the circuit board till i got it working the resistors the big scuare ones 47 ohm 5 watt ones were all butnt up and toasted as manty of the resistors on the circuit board but after 3 days of night work it sang
    it is very marshallish and the clean channel sounds great this amp is so loud its not funny i love it i used a nano verb plugged into the efx loop for reverbs and delays because the ic chip was toasted so i just bypassed it till i got ampeg to send me one tomotro i will install this chip and hopefully the reverb channels will once again work
    but i lover the sound of this amp i even ordered the real schematics from ampeg being they built this beauty amp it looks alot like a 59 bassman or victoria cabinet tweed yeloy its pretty
    ut i messed wit some of the guts to get as much gain as i can out of the tubes and control it from the gain knobs as much as i need
    its a nice amp
    i got it for nothing someone dropped it off at my home because their wife accidentaly spilled soappy water into the upper grill top of amp dowen onto the circuit board then h he fired it up and it blown up and smoked /shut down i did some nice extra mods to make this amp very gig useful i aint ashamed of it in no way i think crate / ampeg made a really nice amp desighn its 100% made assembled in the u.s.a.
    i did alot of troubleshootin to getb her workin
    the
    sovtek EL34 TUBES DO SOUND BRITTLE I GOT A BUNCH OF THEM AND THWE ELECTRO HARMONIX ONES SOUND BNETTER YET THEYRE REALLY BOTH MADE IN RUSSIA I WISH I KNEW MORE TUBE COMPANIES OUT THERE THAT MADE THESE TUBES IN AMERICA
    DO YOU KNO ANY ?
    LET ME KNO
    AND THANK YOU FOR KEEPIN IN TOUCH
    YOURE KNOWLEDGE IS VERY APPRECIATED
    THANK YOU LOU
    WRITE BACK
    GUITARNOISE2002@HOTMAIL.COM
    SINCERELY
    BLUELOU
    GODBLESS

Tubes are no longer made in the USA because of the caustic wastes produced. That doesn't make the EPA happy and the processing costs to control the discharge is prohibitive.

The EL-34 Svet's and newer EH's are the two getting the best reports tone wise now.

NOS tubes are a viable option but are quite expensive as the availability is steadily decreasing. Some of the NOS are very sweet tubes and in some rigs I do run them cuz it's worth the exrtra bucks to me to have 'that' tone.

With any matched pair or quartet of power tubes probably the most important thing is to correctly bias them. It amazes me when some of my ole phart friends bring an amp over and the bias is so far off it's pitaful. A couple of preamp tube changes and a good bias and they go home with a smile on their face. It's as important as a good setup and intonation on a guitar!

Oh, by the way LOU, where in Florida do you live? I'm in DeLand which is about 25 miles WSW of Daytona.

Hammer on........Blair

el34 tubes r they power or pre amp tubes ?

hi guys i was just wonderin if these tubes the el 34 ones are of a preamp type
    if so are they interchangeable with others out there ecc83's etc ?
    thank you \
    lou guitarnoise2002@hotmail.com
    im sorry for the stupid question my tube book is over 30 yrs ols no jokin my uncle was a tv repairman for rca zenith in ny
    miss him he taught me alot but i like to alway learn
    please no criticism in the response ok ?
    thank you
    lou
    SINCERELY
    BLUELOU
    GODBLESS

tyhe other el tubes i use in one of my fav amps its my babt

i use el 84 electro harmonics 4 of them they sound great
    theyre made in sovtek russia too i read the small print but all or most of my tubes in my surplus are audio glassics 6L6 TYPES ANS GROOVE TUBES 5881'S THEYRE ALL MADE IN RUSSIA BUT HEY I AINT COMPLAINING
    IN JUST SAYING SOMETIES PAYING ALOT MORE FOR A SO CALLED BRAND NAME tube doesnt always mean its so supperior i cant tell the difference really betweren my audio glassics 5881 russians and my groove tubes 5881's i over paid on that 4 of em i learned alot about manufacturers
    me personally no matter what i will not use a china tube in anything lmao theyre harmonics and noise sucks to my ears
    trust me i got old rca tubes 2 sets 6l6 gc and a great assortment of old in boxed preamp tubes never opened i heard the difference big time
    SINCERELY
    BLUELOU
    GODBLESS

EL 84 POWER TUBES

hi does anyone kno a cross reference to the el84 tube i noticed the big difference in sounds from 2 different electro harmonix and sovtek tubes
    to my ear the sovtek tubes sounded warmer funny thing was both of these tubes companiess manufacture these tubes in russia
    lmao no matter if its a groove tube or audio glassic i seen this many many times

i was looking for a crossover tube comparable to the el84's
    something with more breakup at lower gain settings

just curious
    please reply back
    lou
    guitarnoise2002@hotmail.com 8?20/03
    SINCERELY
    BLUELOU
    GODBLESS

el e4 power tubes

what is the main difference between 5881 power tubes and el 34 power tubes ?
    i kno some brainiac is out there lol \ WHO KNOS WHAT TO UN SOLDER AND INSTALL ON MY BASSMAN AMPS IF POSSIBLE

thank you
    are they interchangeable in my bassman amps with a simple mod i own 3 bassman ab 165 circuit amps i use mainly 5881 power tubes in all of them
    thank you

as you can see i did not do my tube homework so i figured i'd ask one of you out there
    contact me at
    guitarnoise2002@wmconnect.com

or
    my typical one
    most likely site
    guitarnoise2002@hotmail.com
    THANK YOU VERY MUCH
    NO SARCASM PLEASE
    LOU
    Last edited by BLUELOU; 08-29-2003 at 05:42 PM.
    SINCERELY
    BLUELOU
    GODBLESS