Thread: Wonderful Squier Telecaster

Wonderful Squier Telecaster

My new Squier Tele ($180) is a great guitar. I'm working on the cosmetics (silver pearl pickguard, black hardware) and I hand-rolled the neck edges. Next will be some pickup and bridge changes. Here's a short sample of one of the great tones right out of the box:
    http://www.soundclick.com/bands/page...?bandID=971071

Last edited by John Richards; 07-10-2009 at 06:14 PM.

Re: Wonderful Squier Telecaster

Yep, Nice looking guitar.
    & the Squier Classic Vibe Tele is also excellent value with it's alnico 3 pickups - real vintage twang.
    It's just a case of getting over the logo!
    Last edited by Direstraits; 07-12-2009 at 12:52 AM.

When You point your finger 'cause your plan fell through, you've got 3 more fingers pointing back at you.

Nice Tele, i´m in the hunt for a Squier Tele, maybe it´ll be a CV!!
    I have no problem with the logo, actually i´m groving a preference for the Squier logo, it´s quite rare to use them on stage. Nowadays i use my Squier strats and a low end Ibanez AR100 on stage, they do the job as god as the more famous and expensive counterparts.

I have a Squire CV Tele and I must say the build quality surpasses a lot of guitars even in the $700 and up range! I play in a classic rock band as well as a blues band and this guitar is great addition to my guitar arsenal that goes with me.

Quote Originally Posted by holmis63 View Post
    Nice Tele, i´m in the hunt for a Squier Tele, maybe it´ll be a CV!! I have no problem with the logo, actually...
    The CV is amazing, and so many people who get them love them. It's an amazing consistency from forum to forum about these. I say, get one while you can. I got mine at introductory pricing, plus free shipping and scored some MS Cash Back deal, so I got mine new to my door for $209. I know there's been a price hike recently, and if these run the route of the Squier Pro Tone series, they'll just be discontinued because they're better than a lot of the 'real' Fender Teles.

Seriously, get one. This one lives up to they hype. I'd been trying Teles for almost a year before I decided on the CV Tele for my first. It's my go-to guitar now for all amp testing and grab'n'go playing. Okay, I GOTTA pimp mine again:

Get one! Did I mention, that you should GET ONE?

I've actually found many Squiers in general that easily compared with production line Fender stuff. They may not have had the pretty finish, but fit and feel was great and the sound was where it was supposed to be.

Viva La Squier Guitars!

More to the point, John, your Squier looks great! What bridge are you considering?
    "...pray do not imagine that those who make the noise are the only inhabitants of the field;
    that, of course, they are many in number; or that, after all, they are other than the little,
    shriveled, meagre, hopping, though loud and troublesome, insects of the hour."

-Edmund Burke

Ten miles from the Mexican Frontier, in Arizona

Indeed, TJ......I can hear the twang here. And I'm about 800 miles from you.

Great looking Tele (great looking Harvard too)!

"When injustice becomes law then rebellion becomes duty."

Yeah, NT, i´ve got one of those Pro tones you talk about and a silver series strat and i have to say that they are just as god as my genuin Fender guitars! And i don´t have to nurse them as i feel i have to do with my Fenders. So, the Fenders stays at home these days.

I´ve tried a couple of those CV:s and they are NICE, got to have one!

I'm getting a Wilkinson compensated in black from guitarfetish. Gotta drill four new holes, but that will give me top-loading.

I see a CV in my future, after I build the LeoCaster.

Quote Originally Posted by phantomman View Post
    Indeed, TJ......I can hear the twang here. And I'm about 800 miles from you.

Great looking Tele (great looking Harvard too)!
    That's the Hot Rod Tweed Pro, but you bring up a good point: I need now phtots of the Teles with the new Harvard!

EDIT: Grabbed one this morning...along with a friend that will soon be joining the stable:

John, are you putting a lipstck pickup in the bridge, too?
    Last edited by NTBluesGuitar; 07-12-2009 at 08:56 AM.
    "...pray do not imagine that those who make the noise are the only inhabitants of the field;
    that, of course, they are many in number; or that, after all, they are other than the little,

-Edmund Burke

Forum Member

I'm lovin' that VV. It's going to be a classy looking amp........Bill

I'm hoping so, Bill. It's certainly been long in the making...since March of '08!

-Edmund Burke

Quote Originally Posted by NTBluesGuitar View Post
    John, are you putting a lipstck pickup in the bridge, too?
    The LeoCaster has a gold lipstick pickup coming for the gold wilkinson bridge (guitarfetish). With the gold covered vintage neck pickup, it should look and sound very cool.

I haven't thought about a different bridge pickup for the black and silver squier. The stock seems OK so far, but very noisy.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by dzguitar10 View Post
    I have a Squire CV Tele and I must say the build quality surpasses a lot of guitars even in the $700 and up range! I play in a classic rock band as well as a blues band and this guitar is great addition to my guitar arsenal that goes with me.
    +1

The only mods I found necessary to add were a used 5 hole tortoise guard to replace the way thick stocker and an Electro Socket jack to replace the always coming loose original.

The factory pups and electrics are dead quiet on mine. The routes are well shielded and the neck is routed for a 'bucker if one wanted to Keeferize it.