Thread: the frankenbacker!

the frankenbacker!

most of the parts are ordered and here. i have yet to buy the bridge (a badass II) and tuners (schallers). but the meat and guts are here.

sorry for the bad pics.

pups arrived today, from pete at vintage vibe. these pics don't do ANy justice to the quality of this man's products. both are regular HB sized.

the bridge: charlie christian style, 10k odd.

the neck: what he calls "jack", 8k or so.

both with tortoise tops, and chrome!

here is a rough mock up, i will NOT be using this guard, it is merely there to get a decent representation of a j.

and of course, the blonde that i'll be leaving at home if this all works out. i love her dearly, but just can't handle her all night. 1973 ricky!

i think i'll get to the cutting next week, i have 2 teles to cut out and this mama jama... i'd rather sit down and do them all at once as opposed to one at a time.

peace ya'll!
    "don't worry, i'm a professional!"

Re: the frankenbacker!

Dang, Chuck. You are the sland. Did I understand correctly that you were not going to cut contours in that body? That might be a bit on the heavy side. Good thing you're young and strong like bull.
    s'all goof.

thanks curtis!

i ordered a neck today from warmoth. it's quarter sawn maple with a pau ferro fretboard. only 200 bones, plus 25 for a nut. not too shabby.

decided to put the g&l on something else. i'll hopefully rough out the body tomorrow, my buddy chris is coming over so we can get to work on his tele. the other tele i'm going to give to my buddy gary. we're going to put the pickups out of his old peavey t60 in it.

here's the rough cut body!

neck should be here tuesday. i'm going to use the schallers off my p bass because i've decided to change that bass over to gold hardware.

and here's chris' tele body rough.