Thread: Any Squire love?

Forum Member

Any Squire love?

I just picked up this Squire Standard. It plays great ,has a lovely rolled neck, but it is so ugly . So I'm going to pimp it, spray it black, change to a black pickguard and change the pups.

Re: Any Squire love?

I like it the way it is.

I, too, like it the way it is. Respectfully, you and I differ on "ugly"

That said, congrats and have fun pimpin'

Is it the blonde one? If so, it´s a beauty! I would swap the sadles tough, 3 barrel brass and its going to twang massive.

Got to love those Squiers, i got one silver series strat and one pro tone strat, both are real nice guitars. Some of the Squiers hold up real well to their F labeled counterparts.

Forum Member

Is the Squier blonde or gold?

Either way, I think it looks fine. Could probably benefit from a more traditional, three-saddle, Tele bridge, but what do I know?

On an unrelated note, I love the look of that Music Man.

Forum Member

I think its meant to be blond. Its only the colour I dont like. The neck has nicely rolled edges and no sharp frets, definately better then the MIM that I owned. I have a spare three barrel bridge and some Fender USA pups,that I'm going to install. The neck and body are much better then I expected, as good as a Mex standard, not up to the MIJ 62's quality though.If these had a Fender logo on the headstock,people would be snapping them up. Heres a better pic of the Silo. I made the pickguard and fitted a SD 54 bridge and Fender 52 neck pups,along with a Wilkinson compensated bridge.

Yesterday when i had a hangover since a PokerNIGHT on Saturday i picked up all my Fender produced electrics and checked them regarding quality of production (you have to be quite bored and hangover to do such an activity). One thing that striked me is that on the Squiers (a Silver series strat and a Pro tone strat), the neck pocket is perfectly thight and on the Fenders (2 MIA and 1 MIM)there is a slight gap on 2 of them, the only Fender with a tight neckpocket is the Lead II. Maybe that is due to the NC operasted machines that produce the parts on the Modern Squiers but then the MIM Fender should have a tight neck pocket too.

Anyway the quality of those Squiers are impeckable!