Thread: Weber speakers

Weber speakers

Used them? How do you like them? Thinking of throwing one in my HRD.

Tourin the southland in a travelin minstrel show...

Re: Weber speakers

They basically make a copy of every guitar speaker known to mankind. So saying do you like Weber speakers is like saying do you like guitar speakers. But I think it's hard not to use them since they'll replace or change them for the life of the speaker no Qs asked for a mere $25 bucks...
    Last edited by Gris; 03-10-2009 at 09:53 AM.

Right...sorry I should clarify my question...

How do they hold up? Are they good copies? Looking at the alnico blue. How close do they come?

Tourin the southland in a travelin minstrel show...

They are great speakers that generally take a long time to break in. Not all are dead ringers for their original counterparts, some are an improvement, some maybe not. The alnico blue is probably the one speaker he makes that I like the original better, but most ears can't tell much difference. Two things you need to keep in mind about Weber speakers. First, the same model speaker in a higher wattage version usually is a bit warmer (i.e., a 50 watt 'Blue' won't sound like a 15 watt Bulldog). Second, he'll literally make you whatever you want. How cool is that?

ps - a Blue in an HRDx would be a strange marraige...

I know...I like experimenting. Wanna see what it sounds like...that's why I'd rather go cheaper end first. Wish there was a place where I could just throw speakers in and out and see what kinds of tone/response I get from them.

He could probably answer that also.
    He has a "Speaker Resource" that gives tons of data.

If you're thinking of going the Custom route, you could probably talk to Ted himself about it.

Alnico Blue Dog in a HRD...I've done it. I liked it, but it was a tad dark for that amp in my opinion. Anything other than the stock speaker is a universe of improvement though. I think something modeled after a Jensen P12 is a good sound for a HRD, YMMV.

I use a Weber California and a Blue Dog in my Twin, both ceramic. I have a set of his 10's in my Vibrolux too, but I just ordered some different ones Sunday night because the ones I have aren't really what I was looking for. Actually they were, I just changed my mind.

They're all great sounding speakers though, and you can't beat his customer service.

As far as changing speakers in and out, just buy 'em used on Ebay. That way in theory you should be able to sell them for the same price you bought them for (minus shipping) and try something else if you're not happy.