Thread: Neck Profile's

Neck Profile's

I was wondering if anyone out there could tell me what the neck on the American Deluxe Maple neck Telecaster is like. I was playing a few Tele's at the local stores here and although I love the feel of the Custom Shop U necks on the Nocaster and Thinline I also played a Custom Classic with what was called a " large C- neck " . This felt a lot like the U neck and I liked it also. I played the 62 American Vintage which had a C.neck which felt a lot like my Strat so I dropped that from my list. The stores here cant keep the American Deluxe in stock as they go out as they come in they say. So they told me of course that I could order one in. The Fender site says "Modern C-neck " . Is this a lot like the 62 neck or different again ? I was trying to keep my purchase under 3000.00 Canadian if possible but have reservations on ordering what I don't really want. I like the double binding and the Olympic Pearl color but might be better for me to order in a Custom Classic or bite the bullet on the Thinline. Here we have to add 13% to the purchase price for taxes so 3100 for the Thinline rounds off to 3400 and change .

Re: Neck Profile's

Modern c feels smaller and slightly flatter than 60s c. I doubt youd like it if you want a big boat/large c style neck.
    Mitch Mitchell talking about Jimi and strats in general.
    If the walrus is Paul then who is Carmen Sandiego?

I thought it might be . That's I believe what my American Standard Stat has ,I think. Sort of a faster thinner neck. Yea , this time I want the Baseball Bat serious neck as I have nothing like that. I played some PRS with a good thick neck but I just cant warm up to them and I really have wanted another Tele for some time. Thanks Red. I guess I'll see whats in stock when I go to buy and order something in if I have too. Very limited stock up here and Fender wont let the US retailers sell to Canadians via the Internet sales for some reason and boy do some of your stores have some nice eye candy. I should take a trip down to Minneapolis or St.Louis but My wife would go ballistic if I told her it was to bring back a guitar :-) and the one local guy has been really good to me so I like to give him the business.
    Thanks again.

Quote Originally Posted by dhelgason1 View Post
    I thought it might be . That's I believe what my American Standard Stat has ,I think. Sort of a faster thinner neck. Yea , this time I want the Baseball Bat serious neck as I have nothing like that. I played some PRS with a good thick neck but I just cant warm up to them and I really have wanted another Tele for some time. Thanks Red. I guess I'll see whats in stock when I go to buy and order something in if I have too. Very limited stock up here and Fender wont let the US retailers sell to Canadians via the Internet sales for some reason and boy do some of your stores have some nice eye candy. I should take a trip down to Minneapolis or St.Louis but My wife would go ballistic if I told her it was to bring back a guitar :-) and the one local guy has been really good to me so I like to give him the business.
    Thanks again.
    You REALLY need to shoot mark bishop (forum dealer mark's guitar loft) an email because hes got some telecasters that I think would be perfect for you (specifically item #533 a cs nocaster with a gigantic neck for 2100 american, with case candy) and Im sure he can help you out.

Seriously, giving local stores business is great but getting what you want is more important, a cs nocaster would probably run you close to 4 grand canadian if you ordered it and added in tax.
    Mitch Mitchell talking about Jimi and strats in general.
    If the walrus is Paul then who is Carmen Sandiego?

Yea that's what I'm scared of . The Custom Shop Custom Classic I played at L&M here was 2300.00 Canadian which kind of surprised me and they said it was new stock so not before the dollar drop.Unfortunately it was Bing Cherry which looked ok but is not my favorite.They said if there was a Blond one in Canada at there other stores the price wouldn't change but no guarantee on ordering one from Fender until I put a deposit down. The other major Fender shop ( the one I deal with ) will give me a better price generally but with the same prerequisites. There the one that has the Custom Shop Thinline for 3100.00 from before the dollar drop. He will hold it for me for 90 days with a 500.00 deposit but with taxes again I'm up way over 3000.00. I got some time but yesterday was the first day I had time to try some other guitars and it will be 3-4 weeks till I have the time again. Thanks for the info on the shop I'll check it out.
    Dan