Thread: Squire CV Tele

Squire CV Tele

Well... the local guitar shop called me today and my Squire CV Tele just came in!!!!! HOT DAMN!!!! I'll be going by there today after work and picking her up... then I'll put her through the paces tonight.... YIPPIE!!!!

Re: Squire CV Tele

About time!!!
    "...pray do not imagine that those who make the noise are the only inhabitants of the field;
    that, of course, they are many in number; or that, after all, they are other than the little,
    shriveled, meagre, hopping, though loud and troublesome, insects of the hour."

-Edmund Burke

I'm still waiting for the replacement bridge pup for mine. Then again, $235 beats the heck out of the $350 that they are going for now.

dzguitar10, are they going to give it to you for the $300 they were when you requested it? or the $350 they are now?
    Music will always find its way to us, with or without business, politics, religion, or any other bull$hit attached. - E.C.

They upped the price?!
    "...pray do not imagine that those who make the noise are the only inhabitants of the field;
    that, of course, they are many in number; or that, after all, they are other than the little,

-Edmund Burke

Forum Member

Yeah they upped the price, that's what finally convinced me to do it. I got mine a couple of days before MF raised their prices.........Bill

Quote Originally Posted by NTBluesGuitar View Post
    They upped the price?!
    Yep.

I think its still the best bang/buck for a tele though. Its what the MIM standard teles should have been!
    IMHO
    Music will always find its way to us, with or without business, politics, religion, or any other bull$hit attached. - E.C.

I've got a Squier Vintage Modified Tele, and I am on the bandwagon about it, for sure. It's definitely worth the coin. I think you're paying for the name with the MIM stuff these days.

Yeah... they're givin' it to me for the same price as when I bought it! I told them about that a few weeks back and they assured me it wouldn't cost me anymore than what I've paid. They're good people where I go so I trust their word. But I'll be "spankin' the plank" tonight when I get her home! WOOOHOOO

Forum Member

spankin' the plank?

i love the CV guitars. enjoy yours.

Quote Originally Posted by hippiebob01 View Post
    spankin' the plank?

i love the CV guitars. enjoy yours.
    Yeah its a term I heard the "Reverend Willie G" a.k.a Billy Gibbons use in a Guitar Player magazine about 29 years ago!

Forum Member

I remember that interview! Musta been one of the first Guitar Players I read. Was it the one with Pearly Gates on the cover? I've wanted a cherry sunburst '59 Standard ever since I saw that picture.

*waiting on pics of new CV Tele*

-Edmund Burke

Quote Originally Posted by NTBluesGuitar View Post
    *waiting on pics of new CV Tele*
    When I get home from work today I'll shoot a few photos and post 'em for you to see!

Got home from work a little bit ago and my daughters have my digital camera with them... dang! Later tonight or early tomorrow I'll post photos of my new toy. One thing I have really noticed is how much pickup noise I'm getting... regardless of the guitar amp too. Any thoughts? I'm curious if this is the "norm" for Tele's? It's got me thinking about taking the strings and pickguard off to check the wiring or even changing the pickups to a noiseless set.

How close are you to the amp? Try moving away from teh amp, and monitors, (Computer) if you have them. Neon/flourescent lamps also add alot of moise.

My Buddy Robbie just picked one up last week and brought it over to the house - and when not being played - was dead quiet.

A very Nice guitar - very nice in deed!
    Kenny Belmont
    >:^{I)>

Mine was VERY quiet stock. It's still very quiet even now that I have all the shielding wiring removed.

These pickups are sensitive to external interference. Energy saver bulbs are fluorescent, too, so they can be culprits.

-Edmund Burke

I don't have any Neon/flourescent lamps in the room nor is there a computer within 30 ft. of the guitar rigs I have. It could be a bad guitar cable too... I'll try another I have to see. The guitar plays really well too... right out of the box. I really dig the tone from the guitar as well... I can certainly see myself playing this thing a lot at gigs and I did buy a hardshell case for it while at the store. Words can't describe the way it looks either... the vintage tinted neck and the vintage blonde finish with the wood grain showing through... very nice... I am happy with the purchase and in fact it has me thinking about getting a CV Strat in the future.

Okay... I just tried another guitar cable... still "noisey" as all get out! Of course both cables I've tried are only a few months old and haven't been misused either. To me it seems as though it isn't shielded good. I've experienced this before and completely redid the shielding and it worked wonders. I am really tempted to go under the "bonnet" and give it a look see here over the weekend. I just really suspect the wiring isn't right... bad solder joint or something. My MIM Strat wasn't this "noisey" in the 1, 3 and 5 positions! It's dead quiet now that I have Fender Hot Noiseless pickups in it and a shielding job !

That's so weird, because even when I removed all the shielding connections and wired it straight-up, mine was no noisier than any other guitar I have or played.

Could be a bad or errant wire causing a ground loop or something like that.

-Edmund Burke

Yeah... that is my thoughts as well TJ. Tomorrow I'm running over to the music store and grabbing a few sets of strings and when I get back I'm opening up the pickguard and controls cavities to see if something is touching or causing a ground loop. I suspect that'll be the case. But other than that I need to reintonate the bridge and set her up like I like 'em so I have a little tweaking to do. It really is a wonderful piece though! I'm glad I spent the coin on it before they get outrageous in price or discontinued. Definitely a keeper!

Man, I'm gassing for one of these but I bought a LP Studio last July & a Blackstar HT-5 combo amp at Christmas and I'm detecting a "hint of negativity" from because SHE hasn't got her part of the money together for of our summer holiday !

When You point your finger 'cause your plan fell through, you've got 3 more fingers pointing back at you.

I just got finished playing the CV Tele for about an hour with a new addition to my pedalboard... a Monte Allums modded Boss OD-3... OMG!!! This thing is AWESOME through this pedal... I used a little "slap" delay and the OD-3 with my Fender Musicmaster Bass amp cranked... WHoooooweeeee what a sound! You back off the volume knob on guitar and she cleans right up... then crank her back up and it reminds me of the tone Billy Gibbons got on their first couple of albums... Man I LOVE THIS GUITAR!!!! Just gotta get the noise under control now.