Thread: Geta load of my Van Halen Clone

Forum Member

Geta load of my Van Halen Clone

Some of you may remeber my (in)famous SRV "clone".
    Well, I did it again.. heres my EVH Clone. Put it together from Junk parts i bought and I spent way too much on it. I soent a couple of hours shimming it and trying to set it up and the action is moderalty low and neck seems stable.The body is cheap plywood someone put a decal on- and I got suckered inot thinking it was a paint job, so I bought it for 40.00 total.
    The neck and bridge I got off a cheap Samick plywood guitar I paid too much for, and I cut up and old black pickgaurd and stuck it on there.
    The humbucker is a mightey mite that i had, but i wired it wrong and the volume doesnt work.
    I still need a few finishing touches, like the neck single coil and the midedle Switch , but it plays and sounds fair.

I realise this is a mixture of funny , and pathetic, but tis hhanging on my wall riight now. Not thhat Im a huge Van halen junkie or anything.;

Re: Geta load of my Van Halen Clone

Cool! Package that with some parachute pants, and you could sell that one eBay.

I seem to recall that EVH thought it was really cool that the one knob he had, which controlled the volume, actually said "tone?"

Re: Geta load of my Van Halen Clone

It needs a Floyd!