Thread: 4 Way swith/Duncans

4 Way swith/Duncans

Anyone have a schematic for wiring a 4 way switch? I'm trying to wire a Duncan Fat Cat and Quarter Pound as follows:
    1. Bridge
    2. Neck
    3. Series
    4. Parallel
    "I don't play no cords."
    -B.B. King

Re: 4 Way swith/Duncans

I thought Duncan's site had a ton of wiring diagrams...I just looked and there isn't any one that specifically meets your needs. Sounds like you're going to need some kind of DPST phase switching in there, too.

Regardless, I have the Phat Cat in a new Tele I pieced together, and it's an AMAZING pickup.
    "...pray do not imagine that those who make the noise are the only inhabitants of the field;
    that, of course, they are many in number; or that, after all, they are other than the little,
    shriveled, meagre, hopping, though loud and troublesome, insects of the hour."

-Edmund Burke

I've done exactly that configuration with a 4-way switch, and somewhere around here I have a diagram for how to wire it. I'll take a look and see if I can find it.

Edit: I couldn't find the diagram I used (it might be on my old hard disk...), but I found this one out on the webz:

http://www.acmeguitarworks.com/pdf/t...ay_diagram.pdf

I hope that's helpful.
    Last edited by pseudocat; 02-15-2009 at 12:21 AM.
    There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness".
    -Dave Barry

Quote Originally Posted by pseudocat View Post
    I've done exactly that configuration with a 4-way switch, and somewhere around here I have a diagram for how to wire it. I'll take a look and see if I can find it.

Edit: I couldn't find the diagram I used (it might be on my old hard disk...), but I found this one out on the webz:

http://www.acmeguitarworks.com/pdf/t...ay_diagram.pdf

I hope that's helpful.
    I found that same thing PC. Thanks. The weird thing with the Phat Cat is the ground is the outside shield of the wire. So I have to sever the jumper wire to the cover, add a third wire and solder the outside of the wire as well.
    "I don't play no cords."
    -B.B. King