Thread: Boss DR-670 problem

Forum Member

Boss DR-670 problem

I hope I've chosen the correct forum...

I have a Boss DR-670 (drum machine) that I bought about three years ago. I was using it from time to time until one night over a year ago, there was a massive wind/rain storm that drove water into my ceiling. It unfortunately dripped down (not a bunch, but some) right on top of the DR-670. I've only started fiddling with this box again, and on the suggestion of a Guitar Centre employee opened it up to see if there was any damage. I can't find any, but when I power it on, all the little display pixels turn a light to medium gray (not black). The DR-670 owners manual gives info on resetting the box to factory settings which I have tried. When I do, the appropriate message comes up in black pixels, but when I complete the instructions the 'DONE' message does not appear and the unit returns to the light to medium gray pixels all lit up again.

Anyone been down this road with the DR-670?

Thanks in advance for the help,

Scott

Forum Member

Re: Boss DR-670 problem

I do not think you have any circiut problems, just a wet/moist display.
    You may think this is nuts but this is how I have dryed out gear like this.
    If you have or gan get use of a electric oven with a 140 degree setting, confirm that it will not go above 160 and slip the unit on in the oven for 4 to 5 hours and that sould dry the display out.
    NOTE, you can not use a propane type oven as when propane is burned it gives off mostiure.

Ten miles from the Mexican Frontier, in Arizona

Re: Boss DR-670 problem

I concur with Steve's assessment......moisture trapped within the LCD display. A countertop toaster oven (electric) should have a "warm" setting which may suffice for your purposes. However, since this incident occurred over a year ago it's possible that the display may be permanently damaged. It's worth a shot though.

Good luck, HTH
    "When injustice becomes law then rebellion becomes duty."