Thread: What's wrong with this pathfinder amp?

What's wrong with this pathfinder amp?

I just bought a Vox pathfinder 15R off Ebay. The seller said the amp was in like new condition and been kept in a smoke free enviroment.

I recieved the amp on Friday afternoon, pluged it in the evening to give it a try. I found the following problems...

• There is very little volume, as if only the pre amp is working. It is only audible when the volume, gain are maxed, and the boost switch is engaged.
    • The Reverb doesn't work
    • The tremolo only works when the depth knob is turned up all the way, then there is a pop sound and it comes on. Then when playing the trem doesn't change the sound for about 2 seconds after I start playing.

I requested a refund, plus return shipping. The seller said sorry about the condition, it worked the last time he used it, but didn't test it before he shipped.

Is the amp worth repair from a tech? I didn't think it would be worth the labor on a cheap used amp. In addition to any future failures. The seller offered to give me a partial refund to keep it, other wise he would have $50 in shipping & ebay fees and still have a broken amp.

Does this sound like a major issues? Should I keep it for a 8" speaker cabinet? What is the 8" bulldog speaker & cabinet worth?

Cyber

Tourin the southland in a travelin minstrel show...

Re: What's wrong with this pathfinder amp?

Send it back, there are SO many amps way better than that available for next to nothing.

Forum Member

how about a full refund, plus ebay fees and S&H?

Yeah, that's ridiculous. You deserve a full refund. Maybe it was working fine when the seller last had it and maybe it wasn't. That's not your problem. It's not working correctly NOW and you bought what you thought was a fully functional amp. Don't settle for less than that.
    s'all goof.