Thread: Where to get the right Strat body

Where to get the right Strat body

I want an ultra lightweight alder Strat body pre-finished in a thin-skin nitro laquer.

Warmoth don't do nitro, Kavanagh don't do lightweight, and I don't have a local luthier who understands my requirements.

Do I have to have one made by Fender or is there someone else in the UK who can supply these?

Re: Where to get the right Strat body

I'm not sure about UK vendors. You might speak with someone at www.usacustomguitars.com.

You might be better off getting your body from Warmoth and then finding someone to finish it or finish it yourself if you feel adventurous. www.reranch.com offers lots of great nitro in a rattle can options.

I got my strat's body from Warmoth and was extremely happy with it. It's one of their hollow strats. It's so light it practically levitates.
    s'all goof.

Hey aj, Well I've dealt we these guys for along time and there great to deal with and licensed by fender, they have any type of wood you want and that nitro your looking for cha-ching they have it. custom paint,neck bodies ect. and they do ship overseas for a reasonable cost.

http://www.guitar-alley.com/servlet/StoreFront

http://edenhaus.com/default.htm

I'm not advertising for them, just seemed like that was what you are looking for

USA Custom Guitars only finishes in poly, I think. Musikraft will do nitro, but judging by their necks, their quality isn't as high as Warmoth or USACG.

Thanks guys, I knew I'd get some good advice from here.

I've sent some emails off for pricing and shipping and I'll keep you posted on here.

Thanks again

Quote Originally Posted by curtisstetka View Post
    I'm not sure about UK vendors. You might speak with someone at www.usacustomguitars.com.

You might be better off getting your body from Warmoth and then finding someone to finish it or finish it yourself if you feel adventurous. www.reranch.com offers lots of great nitro in a rattle can options.

I got my strat's body from Warmoth and was extremely happy with it. It's one of their hollow strats. It's so light it practically levitates.
    I concur. I have a hollow mahogany from Warmouth and I love it! There has to be someone in your area that can do nitro!
    Fuzz is proof God love us and wants us to be happy. - Franklin
    http://www.frankdenigris.com

TFF Stage Crew

USACG will get you a lightweight body. Tommy is really into that sort of thing, more than a lot of other vendors. The nitro part? You'd probably be better off doing it yourself. It will cost a lot of money to have someone else do it, whether they are working w/lacquers all the time or whether it's a special order.