Thread: Has anyone used a Zoom MRS-8 recorder?

Has anyone used a Zoom MRS-8 recorder?

Hi all,

I looking for comments on use of the Zoom MRS-8 recoreder. I've used a boss br-600 and I'm wondering how they compare? I've only done some live recording and a few multi track songs.

The youtube stuff looks like the display is larger and might be easier to get around. How about quality? I find I don't like the boss guitar effects/sims. How are the zoom's?

Cyber

Re: Has anyone used a Zoom MRS-8 recorder?

I have the Zoom MRS8 - reviews I have read suggest the guitar effects are not all that good - however I think the reverbs and mastering effects are pretty good. If you want half decent guitar sounds I would probably input using zoom G2/Pocket Pod or Tonelab Le. I tend not to use the Mrs8 to master - I like to export tracks and render the final track on a computer tracker like Cubase.

try this link
    http://microrecorders.org/articles/micro_recorders.html

Cyberstrat - This is a backing by TNut - I recorded the two takes of guitar -Gibson DC P90 -into HBE Germania - into Hotrod Deluxe miked into Zoom MRS8 - I probably tarted up the guitars a bit in Cubase but as you can hear the MRS8 is a good and viable recording option. I think the Boss has no faders, if so that would be annoying. The Zoom interface software to transfer files looks a bit cheesy but has basic functionality and works.
    http://soundclick.com/share?songid=7095199

Hey thanks for sharing that recording. I think it sounded great and would work for my purposes.

I'm mostly asking because my buddy is selling his boss br600, but it's about $75-$100 more than the zoom. Was just wondering if the boss has any features that make it worth that much more.

Thanks