Thread: Fender reissue reverb unit....

Forum Member

Fender reissue reverb unit....

Several months ago I purchased a used reissue reverb ( 1996 ) to go with my '64 Bassman. Everything was great until I decided to give the cabinet a thorough cleaning - now the sound is horrible !
    Could I have gotten the springs crossed up in the tank ?
    I did not recieve any instructions and can't even find any lock down screws.
    If the springs have gotten crossed up, are they accessible and how ?

Forum Member
    If you push the spring enclosure too far forward (either with the lock bar or with your hand), The springs can get caught in the foam pad in the front of the unit. This shouldn't happen often, but it is a pain in the neck. I don't know whether this happened to you, but, if it did, you will get very little reverb (even with the drive and mix maxed).

The solution:

Unless you have extremely long and thin hands (like a petite woman), to access the springs, you will have to first unscrew the chassis and take it out of the cabinet. Once you take out the chassis, you will be able to get your hands forward enough in the cabinet to access the spring enclosure. Then, gently separate the spring if it is sticking to the foam. Be gentle with the spring!!