Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Stratocaster List - all the USA Production Models in one spot

Forum Member

Re: Stratocaster List - all the USA Production Models in one spot

Okay - now the new models for 2012 - we've got the Select Strats, the upgraded American Standards and the new American Vintage models; for the purpose of this list I'm considering the new AV '59 Strat to be one model with either maple or rosewood fingerboards available. Also with the introduction of the new American Vintage series the original AV '57, AV '62, and AV '70s have all been discontinued. At this point it appears the Hot Rod '57 and '62 are still alive, but it also appears that the Highway 1s have finally been discontinued although there are still some available through Fender.

Here are the new additions:

85. American Select Stratocaster (2012 – present) – Similar to the American Deluxe, the Select line is a new upscale model. Features a figured maple top, alder body, pearloid pickguard. Has the rounded neck heel, maple fingerboard, chrome locking tuners and chrome Deluxe bridge with snap-in arm. Compound radius neck (9.5" radius to 14" radius), maple or rosewood fingerboard, 3 American Select single coil pickups. Schaller straplock buttons and locking clips. Tweed case with special American Select medallion.

86. American Select Stratocaster HSS (2012 – present) – Similar to the American Deluxe, the Select line is a new upscale model. Features a figured maple top, alder body, pearloid pickguard. Has the rounded neck heel, rosewood fingerboard, chrome locking tuners and chrome Deluxe bridge with snap-in arm. Compound radius neck (9.5" radius to 14" radius), maple or rosewood fingerboard, 2 American Select single coil pickups and an American Select humbucker. Schaller straplock buttons and locking clips. Tweed case with special American Select medallion.

87. American Standard Stratocaster (version 3 2012 – present) – Continued evolution of the version 2 American Standard with revised thinner finish, aged white plastic parts and the addition of Fender Custom Shop Fat 50s pickups. All other features carry forward. SKB rectangular molded plastic case with TSA-approved locks.

88. American Standard Stratocaster HSS (version 2 2012 – present) – Continued evolution of the American Standard HSS with revised thinner finish, aged white plastic parts, and 2 Fender Custom Shop Fat 50s single coils combined with the Diamondback humbucker. All other features carry forward. SKB rectangular molded plastic case with TSA-approved locks.

89. American Vintage 1956 Stratocaster (2012 – present) – All-new American Vintage series guitars that are even more accurate recreations. The 1956 Stratocaster features a new formula nitro lacquer that is not tinted to resemble an aged guitar, the 10-56 larger soft V shaped neck, maple fingerboard only, single-ply white 8-screw pickguard, new 1956-spec pickups, more accurate replica tuners, bridge saddles, and headstock decal. Now with modern wiring (5-way switch, master volume, tone control for neck pickup, tone control for middle and bridge pickup) from the factory with vintage wiring kit in the case, recreated 1956 manuals, revised and more accurate tweed case.

90. American Vintage 1959 Stratocaster (2012 – present) – All-new American Vintage series guitars that are even more accurate recreations. The 1959 Stratocaster features a new formula nitro lacquer that is not tinted to resemble an aged guitar, a medium-slim D shaped neck available with either a 1-piece maple neck or slab rosewood fingerboard with clay dots (1959 marked the Fender’s transition year to rosewood fingerboards), single-ply white 8-screw pickguard with the maple fingerboard and 11-screw 3-ply nitrate-green pickguard with the rosewood fingerboard, new 1959-spec pickups, more accurate replica tuners, bridge saddles, and headstock decal. Now with modern wiring (5-way switch, master volume, tone control for neck pickup, tone control for middle and bridge pickup)from the factory with vintage wiring kit in the case, recreated 1959 manuals, revised and more accurate light brown tolex case.

91. American Vintage 1965 Stratocaster (2012 – present) – All-new American Vintage series guitars that are even more accurate recreations. The 1965 Stratocaster features a new formula nitro lacquer that is not tinted to resemble an aged guitar, a medium-large C-shaped neck available with a round-laminate rosewood fingerboard and year-correct pearl dots, 11-screw 3-ply white pickguard, new 1965-spec pickups, more accurate replica tuners, bridge saddles, and transition-style headstock decal. Now with modern wiring (5-way switch, master volume, tone control for neck pickup, tone control for middle and bridge pickup) from the factory with vintage wiring kit in the case, recreated 1965 manuals, revised and more accurate black tolex case.

I'd add that the new American Special Stratocaster now comes in 3 colors: Candy Apple Red, Surf Green and Sunburst.

Forum Member

Hi Guys ! New on the forum -

Check out my Fender Standard USA

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC2Q...-D-VSssuWYYEMg

Thanks

TH

Quote Originally Posted by THguitar View Post
    Hi Guys ! New on the forum -

Check out my Fender Standard USA

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC2Q...-D-VSssuWYYEMg

Thanks

TH

Cool!

Good job with Purple Rain

Re: Stratocaster List - all the USA Production Models including "American Series"

Quote Originally Posted by John C View Post
    Hornchurch,
    Unfortunately I can't edit the posts; I've tried to make updates but the board times out.
    I've gone back and forth with the name "American Series" -

but I read somewhere that "Series" actually wasn't part of the official name on the price lists so I dropped it from my list
    In retrospect I should have checked the magazine ads from when these were announced back in 2000 to verify

Also I used to have a collection of Fender Frontline catalogs/reference, but got slung out.

Hi again John = Been a mere TEN YEARS since you & I last has that brief (friendly) exchange (Jeez don't time fly)
    Read your post again (naturally, after a whole decade) & have paid attention to what you wrote, Re; Slinging-out the catalogues.

NOW = By pure chance, I actually KEPT my 'Fender Frontline' catalogues, dated 2000-2004

Anyways/Anyhow = I kept those blighters (catalogues) & I still have them to this very day.
    One day (prob' another 10-yrs time, if you catch the humour drift), I'll get round to digging them out & scanning them all.

After I'd read your reply, I actually DID go & check the catalogues (Re ; "American Series")

Yeah, it WAS 100% "official" = They actually DO & DID refer to the 2000-thru-2008 U.S.A's as "AMERICAN SERIES"

Am posting this, purely because, years down the line, someone MAY misconstrue that they ever existed, or, were so re-named.

Last edited by Hornchurch; 05-09-2019 at 04:00 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hornchurch View Post
    Hi John,

It's a trivial-point & tiny extra 'addition' that I feel you should add......

(on Post No.5, entry No. 43) , in order to keep viewers & enthusiasts aware & enlightened as to their correct 'appellations'....

I'm suggesting (strongly !) that ya put the word 'Series' inside the header of entry number 43 .

So that it reads American 'Series' Stratocaster (2000-2008)

As that's what they were known 'officially' at the time......

!
    Quote Originally Posted by John C View Post
    Hornchurch,

Unfortunately I can't go in and edit the posts & the board times out.

I've gone back and forth with the name "American Series"

- I originally had the model named the "American Series" but I read somewhere

John, Guys//ALL - Furthermore to the post above....

Basically this, just to help set the record straight.

Here's my 2007 "USA AMERICAN SERIES" complete w/original stickers.

Note next to where it says "NEW!" in RED (& above the "a Better..." blurb B.S) = Then you'll then see it....

- It says - "The Fender American Series" in white-lettering, along the top of the sticker

DSC_0291
    Last edited by Hornchurch; 05-10-2019 at 02:02 AM.

Forum Member

1994 Stratocaster Plus 40th Anniversary Model?

Hi-I'm a newbie to this forum so please excuse me if I am posting this question in the wrong thread. I have a 1994 Stratocaster Plus (blue burst). My question is does this make it a "40th Anniversary" model? It does not have the die cast emblem on the head stock or the special neck plate. Thanks!

Forum Member

Re: 1994 Stratocaster Plus 40th Anniversary Model?

Quote Originally Posted by Kirkelstein View Post
    Hi-I'm a newbie to this forum so please excuse me if I am posting this question in the wrong thread. I have a 1994 Stratocaster Plus (blue burst). My question is does this make it a "40th Anniversary" model? It does not have the die cast emblem on the head stock or the special neck plate. Thanks!
    While your Strat Plus was made during the 40th Anniversary year only the American Standards of that year were the "40th Anniversary Model"; they were the only ones that were supposed to get the emblem and the special neck plate. That being said you will occasionally turn up a Strat Plus or Strat Plus Deluxe that got the emblem and neck plate but it's more of a factory error than something Fender did on purpose.

That is an unbelievably impressive and thorough list, well done!

I have an addition for the list, my Strat! It’s a Deluxe American Standard. They were produced for only two years, approximately 1989-1990. The Deluxe AS is simply an American Standard with the edition of Gold Fender Lace Sensors. I’m guessing it didn’t sell to well since it was only offered for two years. I know that when I bought mine it was on sale for $525 (Jan. of ‘91), only $20 or $30 more than the AS was at the time. It seemed well worth the money to get the same pick ups Clapton was playing! And it was black, too.

I’ve got a photo of the inspection tag showing the model name, but I can’t for the life of me figure out how to add an attachment.

Andrew
    Last edited by Jkbarnes; 10-25-2020 at 06:48 PM.
    At what point does my 31 year old Strat become “vintage?”

Quote Originally Posted by Jkbarnes View Post
    That is an unbelievably impressive and thorough list, well done!

I have an addition for the list, my Strat! It’s a Deluxe American Standard. They were produced for only two years, approximately 1989-1990. The Deluxe AS is simply an American Standard with the edition of Gold Fender Lace Sensors. I’m guessing it didn’t sell to well since it was only offered for two years. I know that when I bought mine it was on sale for $525 (Jan. of ‘91), only $20 or $30 more than the AS was at the time. It seemed well worth the money to get the same pick ups Clapton was playing! And it was black, too.

I’ve got a photo of the inspection tag showing the model name, but I can’t for the life of me figure out how to add an attachment.

Andrew
    Welcome to the internet, and the age of litigiousness. The reason you can't just upload a photo attachment is because then that photo would be hosted on the server owned by the site.

But there is a way to post a link to a photo hosted by a third party site.
    Details are here:

https://www.thefenderforum.com/forum...-Photos-on-TFF

Welcome to the forum.

Thanks for the tip on posting pics, ​vinyl!

At what point does my 31 year old Strat become “vintage?”