Thread: 66 Mustang?

66 Mustang?

Seriously, what would i pay for a ´66 Mustang? The seller says that it´s all original but the finish, some scary ugly blue colour that i will remove if i buy it. I was thinking around a grand but i´m a litle confused about the value of the student models, what do you guys say?

Forum Member

Re: 66 Mustang?

thats about what they go for on ebay. if its in good condition and not a refin, i say go for it and keep the blue finish on it.

Could this be the original finish? Well, i´ll offer him a grand and se what he says.

http://www.vendolin.se/Annonce_Detai...onceid=5504431

Ten miles from the Mexican Frontier, in Arizona

I seen anywhere from $800 USD to $1200 USD (as an average) on Ebay. I did run across a particularly minty '65 specimen in buttered Oly White with tortoise shell pickguard that was listed at two grand B-I-N. This blue thang you've found, I dunno......it'n it's otherwise all original an' complete (bridge cover, case, trem bar), I might offer $1000, or the Euro equivalent.

HTH
    "When injustice becomes law then rebellion becomes duty."

Forum Member

Have you been looking a long time for a Mustang? I ask because you might want to try to find one in a color you can live with. Changing the color will affect the value, especially if you choose a non-stock color. If part of it's value is it's original finish, it would be a shame to refinish it just to change the color. Maybe for $1000 there's another one with your name on it.

Mine is showing it's age after being played very little in the last 20 years but being stored in various places that sometimes protected it from Florida heat and humidity and sometimes not so much. The finish is checking (fine cracks running in several directions) on both the body and the headstock. I'm considering a refin on mine but staying with the Dakota Red color if I do it.

Good luck.........Bill

I´ve not been looking a long time for a Mustang. I´ve got some nice Fenders from the 70, 80, 90 and 00 decades and my GAS have haunted me for a while and pointed me towards a 60s Fender. A strat or a tele from that era is just ridiciously expensive and NOT worth the money if you want to play the git, soo... a lower end Fender is in sight, not neceserely a Mustang! The colour is not a big issue, but of course i would like a surf green or that baby blue (can´t remember the name of that color) or a burst duo sonic, they´re real nice!

I offered the seller about 1000 us dollars but he has not responded, i think i´ll have to pay a litle bit more here in Europe to aquire a low end Fender from this era!!

And if i luck and got the hands on a 60s Fender, then there is the 50s and then there are the gibbys and...... I think it´s the hunt that is at least half the joy!!