Thread: Stagg Strat

Stagg Strat

I visit the local second hand shop regularly in case anything of interest comes into the guitar section and amongst the "cheapies" today was a CAR/Maple Stagg S350 vintage Strat clone at what seemed a good price. I lifted it off the stand and was amazed at how light it was. All the info on the web indicates these have solid Alder bodies but it was much lighter than the Nevada ST1 clone next to it which supposedly has a basswood body (and it appeared to be a 3 piece wood body through the 2 tone sunburst). My intention was to use the Stagg body as a base for a partscaster but I'm concerned that it should be so light. I have a MIJ strat (Basswood) & a MIA Artist series (Ash) and both are also much heavier.

opinions?....

When You point your finger 'cause your plan fell through, you've got 3 more fingers pointing back at you.

Re: Stagg Strat

All i'm going to say is-

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aiDVA97UvCM

Stagg jazzmaster-thing with GFS 60's repro's through a "kustom defender" 50watt tube amp. cheap and good sounding. haha

I'd say go for it, they're comfortable.
    Quote Originally Posted by sting7777
    tone knobs just get in the way of things like windmills and playing with your teeth upside down anyway