Thread: New speaker time for the SRRI

Forum Member

New speaker time for the SRRI

Hey Hey! I have decided to upgrade the speakers in the SRRI. I gave it time to break in to see what I thought of the P10r's and while I don't hate how it sounds it's not perfect, so here I am asking for more advice. My #1 choice right now is the copperhead, #2 is a mix of the copperhead and rajun cajun, #3 is one of the "billions" of speakers offered by Weber. The ceramic California 10 was the main speaker that caught my eye. I am hoping I can read what 10" speakers you guys are using in what amps and for what kind of music. Also I should mention that the style of music is mostly texas blues. I use a Fender 62 vintage hot rod through various OD pedals and play somewhat loud, the volume is never below 3.5 but usually hovers at 4. I'm looking for a clean speaker with nice tight lows and clear highs that aren't piercing like the p10r's. Thanks in advance and sorry for the long post.

Matt
    Last edited by 1bmf; 08-30-2008 at 11:34 AM.

Re: New speaker time for the SRRI

For Weber speakers I would email Ted and ask his advice, he is usually pretty good at matching his speakers to what your looking for. I know one combination he suggests a lot is a pair of 10A125s and 10F150s.

Tourin the southland in a travelin minstrel show...

IIRC, Ted likes his CTC10 ceramic in Supers - on account of its lower efficiency and good/smooth distortion characteristics.

However, Copperheads and Cajuns are nice. After trying the Copperhead, I went with a mix of one Cajun and one Tone Tubby ceramic in my 2x10 cab which i use with an AB763 head. I wanted more oompf and warmth than the Copperhead offered. They are both very efficient (loud and clean) speakers though - might be overkill in a Super.

Forum Member

Thanks for the opinions guys, keep em coming!

Matt