Thread: Simulating a CT on a HV PT secondary

Simulating a CT on a HV PT secondary

Hey guys,

I'm converting a Gretsch G5222 to 5F1 specs with a WY3GT Copper Cap rectifier. The G5222, however, has no CT for any of the PT secondaries. I'm aware of how to simulate one for the 6.3V winding but unsure how to do it for the 560V winding being that the original used a solid state rectifier.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Tommy.

Re: Simulating a CT on a HV PT secondary

I do this all the time with the Hot Rod / Blues Deluxe to Tweed Pro 5E5A conversions. Get an extra pair of diodes and put them on the rectifier tube socket like this:

"...pray do not imagine that those who make the noise are the only inhabitants of the field;
    that, of course, they are many in number; or that, after all, they are other than the little,
    shriveled, meagre, hopping, though loud and troublesome, insects of the hour."

-Edmund Burke

Outstanding! I knew I'd seen it somewhere.

1N4007s should do.

I usually pull the diodes from the HRD boards, which are 1N5062, but I've also used 1N4007s with no problems. What's important is where the anode side is pointing.
    "...pray do not imagine that those who make the noise are the only inhabitants of the field;
    that, of course, they are many in number; or that, after all, they are other than the little,
    shriveled, meagre, hopping, though loud and troublesome, insects of the hour."

-Edmund Burke