Thread: Looking for help with a wireless headset mic

Looking for help with a wireless headset mic

Hey All,

The bass player in the band I'm in uses a AKG dual wireless system for her bass/mic. The head set she uses is a AKG C 444 L. She has so many problems with it, always messing with the internal gain control, trying to find a good sound. Many times it sounds dull, sometimes distorted, really lacks any depth. It never sounds good.

At this last practice we hooked up a regular mic to a 1/4" adapter and ran it through her wireless system. It worked great. The mic was an audix om-5.

Anyway were thinking her mic wasn't designed for a vocal mic (she sings lead on 1/3 of our songs). I'm looking for a suggestions to replace her headset, or ideas on how to improve waht she has. I just think the mic is on the lowest end of quality for AKG and it should be replaced.

The wireless systems uses a 1/4" input not an XLR.

Any ideas?

Cyber

Re: Looking for help with a wireless headset mic

I think the standard in headset mics nowadays is the Crown 911.
    I had a Shure at one point but sold it due to misuse. (The guys in the band said I shouldn't sing and play drums at the same time.
    If, at first you don't succeed, don't try skydiving.
    Two leaps per chasm is fatal!

Forum Member

Re: Looking for help with a wireless headset mic

I have a Crown cm-311A. Mine is not wireless but a wireless is available. I am sorry to report, I am disapointed in sound quality with this mike . I have Senheiser 835, Shure SM-57 and MXL 3000 that all sound better that this mike. I need a headset type to free me up from the mike stand [I'm a singer-guitarist]. It sounds like I'm singing though a bandana. Untill I can find something better I'm stuck. All IMHO, of course.
    57Hank