Thread: New Jaguar ... Classic Player HH

New Jaguar ... Classic Player HH

I have had trouble with my hands the last couple years. Getting old is not fun. So I thought I would try one of the 24" scale units.

I have to say this is a much nicer guitar (with its own design quirks) than I expected. I really and liking it. I have been able to get a lot of tone from it depending on amp and pedals. Going from surf and country clean to hair bad gain. I tend toward the blues and classic rock side and it does that great. Two blend pots for the coil taps, trem works as well as my bigsby tele or better. I am really liking it! (mine is the 3 tone sunburst)

Guitars: Teles, Strats, LP, VW Wormoth, others. Amps: Bassman LTD, Richter 5e3, 5e3 Head, Taynor Bassmaster II, Gretsch 6150 (Supro), others. Board: Guitar>Java Boost> Huckleberry>Fuzz Head>Top Fuel> SFX-03 >Keeley 4 knob Comp>EH Clone Chorus>Flanger>DD-6

Re: New Jaguar ... Classic Player HH

Cool! I love the trem on my Jaguar.

Cool news!

I'm 45, and the only problem I ever notice is lack of discipline.
    No physical problems yet...

I play thin necked Jacksons,Charvels...but still enjoy the feel of classic scales and beefy necks when the mood is blue-er.

I am 48. Air tools when I was a mechanic, 20 years with acoustics that were poorly set up, and all the typing as a professor-researcher - my wrists/hands are toast. I have had trouble for the last couple of years with arthritis and doing the standard blues or stones style 5th-6th shuffles. Just do not have the flexibility any more (I have small hands to start with) for it in the lower registers. I can get there now!
    Guitars: Teles, Strats, LP, VW Wormoth, others. Amps: Bassman LTD, Richter 5e3, 5e3 Head, Taynor Bassmaster II, Gretsch 6150 (Supro), others. Board: Guitar>Java Boost> Huckleberry>Fuzz Head>Top Fuel> SFX-03 >Keeley 4 knob Comp>EH Clone Chorus>Flanger>DD-6

Segovia was well into his 80's when he was still going strong.
    And he wasn't known for his huge hands, either.

I sympathize about the hand tools.
    Fortunately I'm ambidextrous and can switch up at will, and frequently do. I'm a left hander that plays guitar right handed.

Back to topic, I do like the feel of the Mustangs and Jaguars when I get to play them.
    Just a different feel, and fun to play.

Lots of tones on Jaguars and Jazzmasters that are yet to be appreciated.
    "My flesh and my heart fail...but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever."
    PS. 73:26

MY JAMS--
    http://www.soundclick.com/bands/defa...&content=music

I continue to love the thing. Surprises abound.

Forum Member

HI All, Just got one of these yesterday, I had been playing it on and off at the store for a month, it fits me well, and has alot of usable tones for live gigging, great feel, great git!

Da Sarge

Nice score Sarge...would love to see some pics! Enjoy the new axe.
    RIP Lacey Cat 1992-2009