Thread: Hot Rod Deluxe reverb trouble

Forum Member

Hot Rod Deluxe reverb trouble

Hi, I am new on here. I am having trouble with my hot rod deluxe reverb. It doesn't work at all. I have already replaced the reverb tank with a new one. If you guys can help that would be great.

Forum Member

Re: Hot Rod Deluxe reverb trouble

have you checked all of the preamp tubes?

The tubes don't have anything to do directly with the reverb, it's a solid state reverb circuit. If there were a preamp tube falure, then there would be no signal coming from the amp.

The reverb is hard-wired to the circuit board, and it's possible those connections need attention. Otherwise, there are lots of other components to check, too.

I would also look at the traces on the board in the reverb circuit, as I've heard of some cases where corrosion happened and reverb was lost while the rest of the amp was working.
    "...pray do not imagine that those who make the noise are the only inhabitants of the field;
    that, of course, they are many in number; or that, after all, they are other than the little,
    shriveled, meagre, hopping, though loud and troublesome, insects of the hour."

-Edmund Burke

Forum Member

Try resoldering the joints on R78 and R79. I had the same problem and it's been working great for over a year since I resoldered.