Thread: The fender fuzz wah

The fender fuzz wah

I was in my old hometown looking for some pedals (I try to only buy from this store, the 2nd oldest musicstore in sweden, and it's independent)

Anyways, i was looking for a wah pedal, and i tried the crybaby and the vox, and i wasnt all that impressed with the vox, when the clerk pulls out this huuuuuuge chrome monster!

Tried it out, and the Q value was so much bigger then the vox and had a bigger sweep, it just did more. the fuzz wasn't all that but i didnt have time to try it out so much.

Anyways, i bought one! it's a tad on the large side but i have a small board.

anyone else have any opinions about these pedals? did a search but couldn't find much.

Also bought a T-rex reptile delay pedal (t-rex is pretty cheap here in europe) and a clip on headstock tuner. A small christmas

Re: The fender fuzz wah

I had an original. I liked it but I had a foot re-constructed around 76 and lost the side to side motion of my left foot (I'm left handed/footed), so I gave it to my brother who still has it. I replaced it with the big, gigantic next generation Fender Fuzz Wah. I like the Fuzz better but the wah wasn't as good.

I really liked the fuzz on it. I haven't tried the reissue but I heard one on the Guitar Player TV site and it seems pretty close. I used to use it with a Bandmaster and the sound was huge. I liked the wah a lot too.

Forum Member

I have one of those, and I like it.

The Wah is pretty decent and more on the vintage Wah sound as opposed to modern wah tones, so it's musical that way.

The Fuzz is a mild kind of vintage tone, not oppressive like some fuzz boxes can be, and the level of it being controlled by the pedal is kind of a mixed blessing. You can have it where you want it, but you have to be mindful how you move your foot when you operate it, or you'll change the level without intending to.

I does have a huge footprint, but it's built like a tank. You can go play Rugby with it and you won't hurt it.

Harley

Forum Member

I have a EHX C0CK FIGHT its a Wah Fuzz