Thread: '59 bassman pics?

'59 bassman pics?

anyone out there know where there are some detailed pics of a '59 era bassman? chassis & wiring shots, etc.....I'm thinking of rebuilding an amp I have. always wanted one but $$

thx!
    FIND THE HALFLINGS!! UNGH!! FIND THE HALFLINGS!!

Re: '59 bassman pics?

Originally posted by Jimi's Bolero
    anyone out there know where there are some detailed pics of a '59 era bassman? chassis & wiring shots, etc.....I'm thinking of rebuilding an amp I have. always wanted one but $$

thx!
    Are you rebuilding an existing 59 Bassman or are you talking about converting some other amp into a 59 Bassman clone?

There are photos and schematics/layouts at the FFG but I am not sure where you can find an internal chassis pic unless a forumite takes one and posts it for you. It is actually pretty easy to figure out from the schematic and layout sheet.

FFG

no, I'm making a clone out of a "dog" amp I have, but it has good parts in it.

thx for the link!!
    FIND THE HALFLINGS!! UNGH!! FIND THE HALFLINGS!!

no, I'm making a clone out of a "dog" amp I have, but it has good parts in it.

thx for the link!!
    I wasn't sure what you ment in your original post, but thoght that might be it.

If you have a sturdy chassis and decent transformers to work with you already have the most expensive stuff. To build a true clone with 4x10" speakers you need a 2 ohm OT, or series-parallel wiring into an 8 ohm OT. Are you going to keep the same cabinet and speaker(s) or build new?

I built a DIY 5F6A clone/variation a couple of years ago and the Fender schematics are very easy to follow.

Good luck with your project amp....

well, it's a 1x15" combo & I like it a lot but it just sounds bad.

so I'm going to make a 1x15" 5F6A!!

I'll just change the circuit & keep all the components. it's a 2x6L6, 2x12ax7, 3 input guitar/bass amp.

I had a snoop around your page, those are some cool projects you've done!!

one thing I was thinking of trying first ( I'm not in a real hurry here ) was a standalone fender reverb unit clone. to get my feet wet. plus I need one of them more than a new amp.

that little reverb unit you added on, how similar is that to a standalone unit? you're dealing with line voltages in the amp versus a gtr cable in/out to the front end of the amp, right?

cheers!

well, it's a 1x15" combo & I like it a lot but it just sounds bad.

so I'm going to make a 1x15" 5F6A!!

I'll just change the circuit & keep all the components. it's a 2x6L6, 2x12ax7, 3 input guitar/bass amp.

I had a snoop around your page, those are some cool projects you've done!!

one thing I was thinking of trying first ( I'm not in a real hurry here ) was a standalone fender reverb unit clone. to get my feet wet. plus I need one of them more than a new amp.

that little reverb unit you added on, how similar is that to a standalone unit? you're dealing with line voltages in the amp versus a gtr cable in/out to the front end of the amp, right?

cheers!

On the amp I added the reverb to was an old Gibson GA-15 that need a total rebuild. I just put together a AB763 type reverb in a small chassis and attached it to the inside rear of the cabinet. It has only one control knob and two tubes like on Fender Combos etc.

The stand alone unit is a three knob reverb driven by a 6K6 and a 12AT7 and a 12AX7/5751 recovery. It's sound is much more complex, and what's nice is that it is portable between amps. I like the stand alone better.

Ted Weber at Http://www.webervst.com has the chassis for the stand alone and Hoffman at http://www.Hoffmanamps.com.

Good luck with your project whichever way you go....